All Corsa Forum banner

How To: De-Badge your Car

62K views 69 replies 45 participants last post by  Serapth 
#1 · (Edited)
Right I've been asked/told (however you want to put it lol) to do a 'How To' guide on de-badging your car. So here is a few steps on how to do it.

NB: Please note that photos will be added at a later stage

Equipment Needed
  • HairDryer or Warm Water
  • Old Credit/Top Up Card
  • Bug & Tar Remover
  • Either Polishing Mop Or Toffee Wheel & Drill

Step 1
Get your hairdryer or Warm water and heat up the badge that you want off. Do this for a couple of minutes but don't leave the hairdryer in one position (might damage paintwork)

Step 2
Now with the part thats been heated up get your trusty old credit/top up card and use it as a 'priser tool' so it lifts the badge up and off (repeat for other badges)

Step 3
Now with the badges removed get your polish* and your Polishing mop* and go over where the badges used to be and after a few minutes the glue would of gone and it'll look like brand new.

To get the Vauxhall/Opel Badge off the boot lock surround please follow this tutorial --> Click Me {that is to take the surround off so its easier to get the badge off} and follow This One to get the badge off and get it back on again

*NB;Where * are related it doesn't mean you have to use polish in this instance you can use bug & tar remover (available at most car shops) and as for the Polishing mop i did say that as it would be easier or you could get an old cloth and scrub away (will have muscles like popeyes when finished).

Before

After

Hope this Tutorial helps any problems Pm me. :)

Thankyou Josh for the extra Links and Thankyou Demon for the Photos.

See less See more
#33 ·
iv debadged it, but want to put the 'CORSA' and the '16V' badge on in different places.

the letters in 'CORSA' are all seperate so might space out the letters.

any good areas to put them? i was thinking either side of the boot surround with the 'CORSA' letters set out about 5mm from each other, and the '16V' on the other side of the boot surround

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.