All Corsa Forum banner

Corsa C radio

807 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  g4vvq1983 
#1 ·
Hi,

I recently had my Corsa C aerial base and aerial replaced with a stock one from a breakers yard.

My FM radio stations work fine since the replacement but I noticed yesterday that my AM reception is much worse than with the previous aerial. It wasn't fantastic previously but is even worse now.

My stereo is the one that came with the car so not an aftermarket one.

Any ideas on why this may be or what I could do to improve things?

Cheers.

#4 ·
Never heard of them to be honest...might be able to get one on ebay...i wanted a new battery for my Corsa C, and went on europarts website, and it was about £80, so i went on ebay and its 47 pounds on there, and the suppliers are europarts and its the same battery with 4 yrs warranty.....work that one out...Fred.

#5 ·
I asked in Halfords and they suggested I could get an aerial booster but does anybody have any other thoughts before I spend that money?

Are corsa C aerials notoriously bad for AM reception generally or could it be a fault with my replacement base?

Cheers.

#6 ·
Hi there, how much is one from vauxhalls, might be worth just buying one of those, i would say on AM it prob would be prone to picking up a lot of interference....most people just use FM these days, or cd player etc..i think that aerial is a bit short for AM anyway....i must admit when i am driving mine along the road i have FM on and i dont get any interference on that at all, prob would on AM...from Fred.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.