All Corsa Forum banner

Remove scratches and light marks

668 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ians1386 
#1 ·
Hi guys

I have got some light marks and scratches on my radio panel, air vent panel and door handle trim which is not looking that bad.

Here is where you can see:

I have put the red arrows where you can see the scratches and light marks.

Do you know what product is the best that i need to buy to get rid of the scratches and light marks from the air vent panel, radio panel and door handle trim?

See less See more
#4 ·
Hope you get to see this reply. Scratches and scuffs like this can take a lot of skill and practice to get right.Its very easy to make them look worse. Sometimes a few signs of normal wear and tear are better than a botched repair attempt Practice on hidden areas such as floor wells or in the boot,or something else made of silver painted plastic.

Although its tempting to touch up the scratch in silver with a bodywork scratch pen or a tiny tin of enamel from a model shop you would need to be incredibly skilled and careful.It could easily react with existing paint and make a right mess. Try an arts and crafts shop.You may find a suitable silver coloured wax ,or acrylic paint that might fill in and colour the scratch without reacting. But its at your own risk.

Slight scuffs in textured plastic can sometimes be improved using a cockpit shine polish. Deeper scratches are more difficult.You might get some improvement by rubbing down very slightly using fine wet and dry,being very careful not to destroy the textured finish,then polishing with cockpit shine. Practice somewhere invisible,but bear in mind not every plastic will react the same way,even on the same car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.