All Corsa Forum banner

Quitting smoking

1K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  Ackerman 
#1 ·
Hi has anyone who quit smoking recently want to share there experince and tell me what to expect or got any tips for me. I quit smoking today after about 20 years of smoking between 10 and 15 a day. This is day one of been a non smoker, i have never attempted to quit before and i am determined to do it for various reasons.

#13 ·
I am on day 2 and the need to have a cig isnt massive, i know i need to stop for health reasons more than financial so maybe that is what is makin it easier that i thought it would be. The ecig i got is good not used it much but its good to just have in your hands when at the pc or any other time i used to smoke a cig

#16 ·
Yep..

well, sort of... I’ve wanted to quit for a long time, so I did. I used to smoke about 10/15 a day about a year ago, I’ve cut that down to none at all. The way I did it was to slow down slowly.

I limited myself to only having 4 or 5 a day at first. That sort of made smoking something to look forward to.Then I went to only 2 or 3 a day, excluding weekends (in which I could smoke as much as I wanted)

Then I swapped to only letting myself buy one 10-pack a week. so I was forced to slow right down, if you’ve got the self control to limit yourself then you’re half way there. I’d get home from work/uni, have one cigarette and that would do me. Eventually, I went to none, and I just never needed to smoke again, I never felt the craving to want a cigarette or to buy any.

The hardest parts are your routine cigarettes, for me, it was the one in the morning, the one after dinner, and when I’m out drinking. even now if I’m out having a few pints I’ll have the odd cheeky cigarette (or more). But that’s just social.

that’s my best advice anyway mate, just cut down slowly, set yourself targets, tell yourself “I’m only going to have two today, one in the morning and one in the afternoon” and stick to it, eventually you can start saying “I’m having this one, then I’m done for today” then it’ll be “if I don’t have one today, I’ll let myself have one tomorrow” keep doing that and eventually it just goes away.

I never used Ecigarettes or gum, or anything like that, I just cut down gradually until I didn’t need it anymore, that’s how I did it, but that might not work for you, if you need to use Ecigarettes or gum to help you then do so, but cutting down is definitely the way, going cold turkey doesn’t work, you’re going from getting used to something to then just not having it at all, if you slowly bring yourself off smoking you have a much better chance in staying off for good. good luck :thumbs_up:

#17 ·
I have always said 'Quitting smokin is easy - I have done it hundred of times'

Reactions: Finest91
#21 ·
I am on day 6 of been smoke free, im using patches i got from the doctors and i must say they are great, i dont crave a cig when using them. after just 6 days off not smoking i feel a lot better within myself. If i can do it anybody can as i was scared at the thought of quitting smoking but it was one of the best decisions of my life.

#26 ·
Still not smoking but found it hard yesterday afternoon, maybe im at that point where its getting to me slightly but i got the will power not to smoke. Tried those lozenges yesterday, they are vile, gonna stick with the patches easier and theyd o the trick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.