All Corsa Forum banner

How To Change Front Brake Pads (Corsa B)

148K views 57 replies 31 participants last post by  pydeeny 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good wee guide that Lee - did brakes etc when i did a weeks work experience at school for a Renault garage but that was a good few years ago so that was a good refresher. :thumbs_up:

#4 ·
I would've if I could afford it. No doubt there will be plenty more tutorials to come once I can afford some fancy parts.

#6 ·
Just an easy method, stops your brake fluid reseviour overflowing aswell if your fluid is topped right up prior to doing the pads.
I've also heard that pushing the piston back in and forcing fluid along the pipes can knacker up the abs system.

#13 ·
I may get to doing one soon as I need to put some new ones on mine.

#21 ·
Old thread I know, but thanks Lee really helped me prob only saved me a tenner as it was a elarning curve, found it a mare to find the right tool ended up getting a brake key 7mm (Mine wasent the 8mm) I didnt do anything with the brake fluid I just pushed the piston back with brute force (no ABS on my corsa).

I'd probably not have tried doing it before reading this guide, I actually came across the guide before joining allcorsa.

#22 ·
Useful guide! I've done mine today (along with discs) just wondering though, my brake fluid after doing it was at the max point in the brake tank but after driving it and testing them out its dropped back down to about half way is this normal? (And yes I did pump the brake pedal after refitting).

#23 ·
It will just be settling down.

Reactions: Corsa_Rob
#28 ·
I did, however that's not to say it's the correct method.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.