All Corsa Forum banner

Corsa B 1.5 td timing belt

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Coverationd 
#1 ·
I just bought the beast and I plan to make a full service on it.

1.Timing belt. What is the change interval. What does the timing kit include (belt, rollers, how many rollers etc)? Price for such a kit? Any tricks and tips I should tell my mechanic when he changes the belt?

Your turn,

#2 ·
I just bought the beast and I plan to make a full service on it.

1.Timing belt. What is the change interval. What does the timing kit include (belt, rollers, how many rollers etc)? Price for such a kit? Any tricks and tips I should tell my mechanic when he changes the belt?

Your turn,
Funny you should post this. I recently bought a 1.5TD and recently done a full service. I got the garage to do me a full timing belt kit (belt + tensioner)
Think the belt and tensioner was about £140 or something about £80 fitting all with VAT.

Make sure the mechanic fits on the correct belt...the garage had bought about 4 different kits from vauixhall before they got the right one for my year.

#10 ·
You should try it yourself for deffo, get experience plus save loadsa cash, i just sold my transit yesterday, about a month ago i changed the (snapped) cambelt, i had never done it before, i had very basic tools and still managed fine. Cambelt 26.50 inc vat. Tensioner 15 inc vat. Cuts and bruises free lol. labour 2 hours. im sure it will be easier for you as i had to remove radiator, slam panel, viscous fan, and both belts, plus wrestle with 15 year old rusty nuts and screws which had never been touched since it had left the factory, i changed its cambelt for the first time and it just touched 90k when it snapped lol. ill tell you that was a laugh the belt had fully wrapped itsself around the crank pulley so this 2 hours labour included removing rocker cover, rocker assembly and bending back 6 pushrods with my rather large hammer and cutting the belt to bits with a stanley and side cutters till it dropped off lol. God i love the old transit 2.5 di`s, bulletproof.

#13 ·
Now I see it was a mistake I didn't change the water pump. We just saw that the water pump is leaking coolant. Its been leaking since day 1 and we just found out.

Next task: new water pump. While we are at it, we'll change the timing belt and the alternator belts. I will leave the timing belt bearing/pulley,as they have only 27.000km.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.