All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fault codes: 0335 and 0607

So I had a tappet noise issue, turns out there was only 1.6L of VERY black oil in my Corsa C. I changed it, put 3.6L of 10w 40 semi in and the tapping has COMPLETELY gone.

After changing oil (+Filter), air filter and spark plugs the car no longer has a lack power and it's not powerless in all gears. Instead it goes straight into limp mode as soon as it's turned on.

Fault codes from pedal test 0607 and 0335.

Crankshaft position sensor is 0335, but not sure on 0607 as it's not in the list fault codes. I've checked 4 times that it's 0607 and it 100% is.

I've not been able to start the car consitently too, which might be because of 0335. My question is, how can I find a GENUINE crankshaft position sensor, there's all different ones. I THINK Bosch are the brank for the CPS sensor, however I can't find one on ebay and I don't want a non-genuine after-market one as Vauxhall don't like them very much apparently!

EDIT - Before the spark plug change the car started up INSTANTLY, and there was no 0335 before. The 0335 has only occurred after this mini-service, now 0335 is a fault code, which could be why it's not starting properly unless I pump the pedal slightly. Also before the mini-service, I had no limp mode but the driving was very similar to the symptoms of a broken MAF, and there was a fault code of 0110 with is IAT sensor. Should I reset the ecu over-night and then check code again or?

Regards,

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Firstly - to clear codes you probably need a code reader rather than disconnecting the battery overnight (that only works on the older 8v engines).

For a good quality non-OEM crankshaft sensor give Autovaux a call on 01924 376003. They work fine and are a lot cheaper than the genuine ones.

P0607 - http://www.permoveo.ltd.uk/tabid/122/OBD-Error-Code/P0607/Diagnostics/Vauxhall/Default.aspx - but before you panic remember that the system can be fooled by other issues which cause a related code. The code has appeared after a failing crankshaft sensor in other situations, so the fact you're getting both P0335 and P0607 would suggest a replacement crankshaft sensor is worth trying. The Autovaux ones are about £15 and to be honest they're more or less a service item on the Corsa.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Firstly - to clear codes you probably need a code reader rather than disconnecting the battery overnight (that only works on the older 8v engines).

For a good quality non-OEM crankshaft sensor give Autovaux a call on 01924 376003. They work fine and are a lot cheaper than the genuine ones.

P0607 - http://www.permoveo.ltd.uk/tabid/122/OBD-Error-Code/P0607/Diagnostics/Vauxhall/Default.aspx - but before you panic remember that the system can be fooled by other issues which cause a related code. The code has appeared after a failing crankshaft sensor in other situations, so the fact you're getting both P0335 and P0607 would suggest a replacement crankshaft sensor is worth trying. The Autovaux ones are about £15 and to be honest they're more or less a service item on the Corsa.
Thanks very much, ONCE again, ha. I'll sort out the crankshaft sensor, and I'll report the findings back here. Cheers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Update:

Got the full exhaust system fitted from headers to back-box (Back box was blown and flexi was gone too).

So the I got the garage to remove the fault codes, the EML light isn't on anymore, however it's still only revving to 3750 ~ rpm....?

I've done the pedal trick again and there's no codes (Continuously flashing at a regular pace).

I guess the only option is to drive about in limp mode, albeit not showing as limp mode via the EML light? There IS an issue, so I guess I should keep driving until a light comes on, because I find it hard to drive at at 3750rpm limit, sounds silly but I can't!

·
Registered
193 Posts
You say your car is a corsa C but not what engine (unless I have missed that info in your posts), but for info I have (well, get the pleasure of maintaining) a 2000 1.2 X12XE corsa B and it would top out at 3500rpm. The culprit was the MAF.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You say your car is a corsa C but not what engine (unless I have missed that info in your posts), but for info I have (well, get the pleasure of maintaining) a 2000 1.2 X12XE corsa B and it would top out at 3500rpm. The culprit was the MAF.
It's a Z14XE

Y reg 2001 Corsa C sri 1.4L

That's a vital piece of information. I've been researching and apparently the Z14XE doesn't have a MAF, instead is has a MAP. Before these codes I have 0110 which was Intake Air Temperature, which I was then told by several sources is part of the MAF, which the car apparently doesn't have. So I'm at square one in regards to that issue.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am afraid I am not familiar with the fuelling & induction system of the Z14XE.

I can confirm that the X14XE (I also have one of those in the stable, '97 plate corsa B) does use a MAP as opposed to MAF. Other than getting the valve timing spot on (belt timed) I have had no trouble with this engine.

I am not sure, and hopefully others on here will correct me if I am mistaken, but did vauxhall not switch the 1.4 over from belt to chain and from MAP to MAF when going from B to C?

You should be able to tell by taking a peek under the bonnet.

The MAP is a small black box (maybe 8cm x 4cm x2cm from memory) ususlly fitted to the bulkhead with an electrical connector and a couple of vaccum tubes to it)

The MAF will be in line with the air induction to the engine with an electrical connector to it. The MAF does contain an integrated temperature sensor - at least the one for the 1.2 does.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
The swap to the Suzuki derived chain driven engine was round about 2003 iirc. The early C models had the same belt driven setup as the B

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The swap to the Suzuki derived chain driven engine was round about 2003 iirc. The early C models had the same belt driven setup as the B
So the Z14XE, which I think is the Corsa C 1.4 SRi (2001) - Doesn't have a MAF, but has a MAP? I've checked the intake pipe near the air filter and there appears to be a MAF looking sensor though?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
EML light back on fault codes: 0335 and 0136

Crankshaft position sensor and 02 Sensor

It's idling bad, pulling away it nearly stalls sometimes unless you give it 1.5K revs at least. Are these faults often synonymous with eachover?

0335 I will change that for sure, but I know the 02 sensor is around £100 so who can I go to to get it tested for bad connections or? Anyone know of a VX mechanic in London, I have money to spend, so if anyone knows someone let me know.

·
Registered
193 Posts
EML light back on fault codes: 0335 and 0136

Crankshaft position sensor and 02 Sensor

It's idling bad, pulling away it nearly stalls sometimes unless you give it 1.5K revs at least. Are these faults often synonymous with eachover?

0335 I will change that for sure, but I know the 02 sensor is around £100 so who can I go to to get it tested for bad connections or? Anyone know of a VX mechanic in London, I have money to spend, so if anyone knows someone let me know.
Certainly change the crank sensor. Aftermarket will be fine.

I would not be too hasty to change the O2 sensor. As probably already mentioned, it will simply be reacting to the quality of mixture and its combustion. My 1.2 corsa B was giving error codes which blamed the O2 sensor and it was not guilty. As already said my Mass Air Flow meter was the culprit.

One way to test (IF indeed you have a MAF and not a MAP) is to disconnect it and then try the car. Yes you will have an engine warning light, and yes you will have a fault code stored, but the car should run on an open loop factory setting which should cope with all the basics of the engine operating range. If performance is improved and you can get above the 3700 rpm limit then the MAF is the culprit. This was the acid test for me. I fitted an aftermarket MAF for £23 rather than a Bosch for £80. After all, it was a Bosch OEM part that had packed up in the first place!

Even though my car was running OK-ish up to its 3500rpm limit, once the MAF was changed the improvement was everywhere over the rev range. Just made the car a whole lot more driveable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts