All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

I've just recently picked up* an '04 Corsa Energy and couldn't get the stock CD player to do anything. It hasn't been used in a while and the battery has been replaced so I wondered whether there was a code to enter or something, but it doesn't even have a screen so I couldn't see where I would enter it. I only had a few minutes to play around with it before I had to leave it at the garage, but any ideas on what might be wrong or what to do to get it working again would be great.

Alternatively what are the costs involved in buying and getting it replaced by a generic one, preferably something with aux in for Spotify. Bluetooth for audio and hands free phone calls would be a bonus...

Cheers!

*well... funny story... I drove it around the housing estate for about 10 minutes, something definitely wasn't right... it felt like something was rubbing and there was a faint smell of burning rubber(!)... My girlfriend's parents who I picked it up from insisted it was just that it had been standing for 2 years, the brakes were a bit seized up, etc etc and that the whole thing just needed running in... eventually we decided to drop it off at Halford's who did the MOT and they found that the front right suspension spring had 'popped out' of the bracket it sits in at the bottom, and was slowly unwinding, and when we were driving it around it was slowly melting a groove into the inside of the brand new tyre! Good job we didn't decide to drive it home up the A1! We think it was probably the guy from e-tyres who fit the new tyres on their drive (a few days after the MOT, and the last person to touch it before I picked it up) must have dropped the jacks a bit too hard or something, god knows whether we can prove it though or get him to pay for the repairs and a new tyre :\

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

If the radio section works OK, there probably isn't a lot wrong with it.
There isn't a code as such, this is due to the unit being matched to YOUR vehicle at the factory. If you attempted to fit the unit to any other car, it simply wouldn't work, making it not too attractive to a car radio thief.

Regards

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.