All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving a 1.0 12v the now and its slow as feck.I love the car though and dont want to change it for a bigger engined corsa,as a want to mod this one.How hard will it be to drop a 1.4 corsa c engine in it,is this possible and how much would i be talking.Just need a bit more power.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 1999 t reg, only done 64k so not sure about an old engine from a k plate or something. Thats why a thought of a corsa c,but aye know **** all about engines lol so dont quote me if am wrong.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You can get a 1.4 or 1.6 engine from a simlar age corsa to your and drop that in. I'm not sure how difficult it is what with yours being a 1.0 12v. I think the ecu is located in a different place to other corsa b's.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It will have, all modern cars have them, it's how the thing is controlled.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
as with all the conversions its fairly easy, if you desided to fit an ngine thats well been fitted before ie a corsa b engine in a corsa b it wont be a problem, most of the corsa shells are the same, there are a few changes depending on the spec and year but nothnig you cant work with c16-xe from an older corsa gsi would be fun and would have great potential latter on for moding :)

d

·
Registered
390 Posts
yeh a mate of mine had a 1.0 12v which now has a c16xe engine, and afaik its a pretty straighforward conversion, mount are all the same, wiring is easy enough, you use the same drive train, upgrade the brakes to corsa gsi or cav/cally 2.0 ones, and the ecu needs to be relocated but that shoudlnt be much of a problem.

also you may need someone who can weld to mate the exhaust

1 - 9 of 9 Posts