All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading on the net and iv heard from a few people that you can get a bolt on turbo for the 1.0 ecotech corsa, is this true? apparently it bumps it up to 140bhp, dunno how likley that is though.
anybody else heard of these?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I'd say 140 is definately a claim. A guy on migweb offers a bolt-on turbo kit for the 1.6 sport and thats only for a gain to around 150bhp.

Can't say I've heard of anyone offering a turbo kit for the 1.0 though. It is possible but I just haven't heard of it.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i though 140bhp was a bit extorsionate (sp?) to be honnest, since their 55bhp standard lol.

·
Registered
801 Posts
There is 1.2 turbo's (custom) that can molest impreza's up to very early treble figures. You can add a turbo to any car, its all about how much cash, time and effort you want to throw at it.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i know, im not gonna do it, planning on a redtop or possibly and LET, not sure yet though, i think the redtop will be faster because the with the LET turbo i wont being anywhere without the wheels spinning up haha.

I was just wondering if anyone had heard about the bolt on turbos, because a claim of 140bhp from a 1.0 sounded a bit OTT lol.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
i doubt it was just the turbo, other things have probably been uprated aswell, like manifolds, cams, injection system etc.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There was a supercharged 1.0 12v a while back, that was only pushing 90bhp, and that had rediclous amount of work done to it. 140bhp from a 1.0 12v engine is next to impossible, gaining any is an achievement :laugh:

·
Registered
166 Posts
well.. can't find the picture richt now..

it was a green corsa witch a turbo one it..it had about 100hp..

over here is some on that have a 1.4 206 that have 2 turbo on it with a superchager it had 350ph on it..
damn that was a cool thing and ****ing fast...

·
Registered
2,672 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
That things been around for ages. I remember everyone arguing with the kid on CC about how crap it was.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
ha ha ha lovely job he done there! turbo looks like a coke can sprayed silver lol an super glued on the engine! ha ha ha complete goon

·
Registered
166 Posts
that looks very ****ty...

·
Registered
393 Posts
hmm can see every single gasket on the head leaking oil...oh dear...i can see its still got the servo vacuum pipe connected to the manifold and not in front of the turbo intake, so when the turbo comes on boost the brake servo looses efficiency pretty quickly, although the coolant expansion bottle that looks like its full of oil has to take the biscuit, total bodge from start to finish and i cant see anybody with some common sense buying it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
yeah, just the servo pipe coming under boost pressure is enough to fail an MOT i think, seeing as how the brake efficiency will drop drastically while on boost, leaving you with next-to no brakes :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Terrible way to sell a car aswell, text talk, every other word is spelt incorrect, poor description, uh hum i quote:

"Running .... T2 Turbo..
Plus Comes Wid Littile Bits and Bobs .."

WTF!!!!

bragging about incorrect log book no mention of mileage, service history etc, you would be stupid to buy it

he has just bolted on a turbo, and thats it, dont have a clue what he is doing, nothing else seems to be uprated or thought out properly and well no real control over boost etc, deathscythe would have a field day listing the what not to do's lol!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts