All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps new to the forum, just swapped the engine in my car , its a 1.2 8v on a P plate, ive bled the coolant from the temp sensor but can hear bubbles on start up in the heater matrix/ am i bleeding it the right place or is there a way of bleeding it fom somwhere else

·
Registered
314 Posts
when changine the coolant in the haynes it does say bleed from the sender and leave car running for a few minutes with the expansion rad cap off (where you poured the coolant down- that lid off)

try re doing it again like i said above- it may make a difference.

its always worked for me this way cant say i hear bubbles in the matrix at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks gav ive done it twice but didnt run it for long but did have the expansion cap off do you have to keep sender open in the bleed position whilst running the engine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers tank top only problem with that is i havnt heard the fan kick in , so i will try that when the engine heats up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i did that as a primary bleed before i started the engine ,,,, a very close eye is being kept on the temp gauge

·
Registered
314 Posts
on most corsa b's i have had the temp gauge doesnt budge till after 5-10 minutes idling so thats normal, have you never ever heard the fan cut in on your corsa? or just after you done the coolant change?

maybe a duff fan switch ? fans usually kick in around the 97-100 mark on the temp gauge though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
ive only owned the car for about 2 and half weeks the first engine had a blown head and was getting hot never herd the fan tho. ill run it tommorow and let the temp come up to the 100 mark and see what happens, i no how to test the fan but is there any way of testing the sender

1 - 9 of 9 Posts