All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, i am currenty building a GSi rally car.

I am re shelling a GSi into a 1.2 merit and have come noticed a mighty problem.

the front engine mounts are very different on the shell of the 1.2 than the GSi and am lost! can anyone shed some light on my dilema?

cheers
Charlie

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is what i thought, however, looking at it, and it is hard to explain, but i will give it a go but on the Drivers side the engine mount on the GSI is in the chassis rail, and on the pass. side it is under the chassis rail.
now on the 1.2 the egine mounts are very similar on both sides, both in wee housings mounted to the inner side of the chassis rails. hope that makes some sense lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bugger, as it is going to be a rally car i was loving the idea of power steering i think i will have to dream up another way of mounting the pump

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
There is a difference in the PAS mount compared to the standard 1.2 mount.
I did an 1.6 16v conversion to my 1.2 8v ls a few years ago and used the 1.2 mount but couldn't have power steering, however if you get the drivers side mount from the gsi or sport and fit that it allows for power steering IIRC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thankyou all for your assistance, i am either going to fabricate a bracket for the pump, or, i will run an electric pump which may be a a lot easier!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Change the pulleys and be done with the PAS :thumbs_up:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts