All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I'am a new member on this site but have read some handy information regarding my vauxhall corsa so decided to join.

I am now looking to put a new engine in it. Was looking for some info on tips for taking out the old engine and putting the new one in all info is welcome and will probably help.

I have done some work on the current engine myself change starter, water pump radiator, alternator, ac condenser, fuel injectors etc so I know my way about the engine.

One thing I'am not sure about is the type of engine it is, engines i have been looking at are z12xe so I was wondering if the one I have will be the same, know gm they probably are?!?!

Cheers for any info and comments.
Regards
Darren

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
The snag is you haven't told us what your current year / model / engine is - so there's no way of knowing if the Z12XE is the same as yours or different.

You need to check as if yours is a Z12XE then the earlier versions X12XE and later versions Z12XEP (twinport) do differ in some areas so they are not directly interchangeable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Thanks sorry never realised.
It is a corsa c 2003,
1.2 petrol engine, 16v

Also how do I find out what variant of engine it is. is it on the vin or engine somewhere??

·
8,351 Posts
bang on the changeover. does it have a twinport badge?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts