All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
ok first off im kinda new to cars/engines etc, but im trying to learn as i go ;)

I was looking at some stuff on teh net and my manual today and it said that my corsa ('96 1.2 Trip) should have fuel injection, yet mine has a carb? i started looking a little further and apparantly GM never even made a 1.2 with a carb int he 90's, getting really confused here and hoping its something stupid that i just dont know about?...

btw I also asked my dad as a second oppinion and its deffinatly nt got injection...

can anyone shed some light?

Thanks

edit: got some pics

http://www.gigahost.co.uk/Corsa_Pics/IMAGE_00011.jpg
http://www.gigahost.co.uk/Corsa_Pics/IMAGE_00012.jpg

sorry for the crap quality they are from my phone ;)

·
Registered
521 Posts
it will be injection i am not sure if it will be single or multi point i think its single but i am sure some1 on here will know though hope this helps a little in the mean time

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
ALL corsas are injection your just looks like the bog standard 1.2 8v spi (single point injection) unit, take off the throttle body cover and you will see the injector sitting at the top in the middle of it.

Only novas had 1.2 carbs until 93

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
electronic carbed
:laugh: :laugh: :congrats: :congrats: thats a good one, there is no such thing as an "electronic carb" if there was electronic that would mean its fuel injection. ALLcorsas have fuel injection.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts

electronic carb counter?

·
Registered
611 Posts
yup, standard 1.2 8v injection you got there.... and as said, its single point.

not only that, but u seriously need to clean the engine bay :laugh:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
god that was ages ago ;) new nothing about cars then, and about the engine bay clean: i would if my dad would let me use the steam cleaner, but he says its a waste of time cleaning the engine...

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
so it has a carb and it has fuel injection?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
its electro carbed still even tho it has the injection points
I dont think you understand, there is no such thing as electro carb, you have a throttle body and 4 injectors (or 1 if its SPi) thats it. the only electro b*llocks are the injectors, the throttle body butterfly is opened by a cable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts