All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
New to this forum so hello to you all and thanks for any help!
I recently purchased an 07 corsa cdi and have a couple of problems.
1. When driving in 5th or 6th gear (louder in 6th) I have what sounds like a noisy bearing in the gear box. Is this common ? The car has done 85000 miles.
2. The other fault is harder to describe. When driving along the car seems unstable on the tail end. Especially if you hit a pothole on the back passenger side. It seems like it wants to swerve. I fitted new tyres but this did nothing to help the situation. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue.
The car is about to run out of its 3 month warranty and I would like to have some idea when I speak to the garage of what could be wrong.
Thanks for any help with this,
Mike.:)

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
The 6 speed box is known to be weaker, and can give problems at higher mileages, especially if it's had a lot of torque through it. The 1.3cdti isn't my favourite engine, but it can pump out some torque so it loads the transmission quite heavily at times.

I'd raise it with the garage asap.

The handling sounds like either a worn shock absorber, damaged spring or worn suspension bushes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 6 speed box is known to be weaker, and can give problems at higher mileages, especially if it's had a lot of torque through it. The 1.3cdti isn't my favourite engine, but it can pump out some torque so it loads the transmission quite heavily at times.

I'd raise it with the garage asap.

The handling sounds like either a worn shock absorber, damaged spring or worn suspension bushes.
Many thanks, will try to get some sense on Monday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts