All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Not really a big issue here. Just interested if anyone else has what i describe below.

I notice a real lack of go at all in my 1.4 sport corsa s reg under 2k rpm. I mean yeah it isnt misfiring or anything serious like that, it just seems like thats how the engine is made. Once you get to a bove 2k rpm (ideally 2.5k rpm) the car is off and nothing stopping it.

Just wondering as i used to have a 1.4 8v saxo and this went like a bullet in lower rpm. I'm told by others this is because of the 8v engine in the saxo, theres less to spin up therefore quicker initially but then not much go and 8v's is a more bumpy increase throught the rev range than a 16v. Is this right?

As i say, nothing major, just interested what you guys think. I know theres a fair few other 1.4 sport drivers on here.

Cheers guys

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Have you got an induction kit or anything?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah i have'nt mate. Just standard really. its the same on a mates 16v 1.4 too. Like if you pull away quickly in first (rarely) it gets to about 3k rpm then spins the wheels. I think its just a different power range than what im used to. I've always had 8 valves before you see.

·
Registered
543 Posts
i have the 1.4 16 and it actually handles the lower revs better when its cold. but yes the engine doesn't generally start to pin you back until you reach the 3k mark. i think its the shape of the inlet manifold as the air moves much faster at higher rpm. i guess it could also be the way these engines "age"

either way its a brilliant engine for motorway driving. although it would be better if the gears weren't so close in terms of ratio.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.