All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just filled up my tank (44L?) I filled up 43.14L as I didn't want it to spill everywhere and I'm not good at guessing how near the brim it is.

So far I've driven 51 miles and it says its just over 3/4 full, I reckon I can get to 60 before it reaches 3/4 full.

How much MPG do you get in your 1.4 Corsa C?

I've been redlining and driving crazy on purpose too, being in second at 25MPH just to use more fuel on purpose to see how much a full-tank of crazy driving can get. I will also do the same, fill it up 43.14L once I've done 11 miles on flashing to make it a fair test, and drive economical as possible and compare the results.

I will post the results here so all can see. But in the meantime, what are your results for MPG/fuel consumption in your 1.4's...?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your capacity is probably 45L.

Also, thats not the most accurate way of measuring MPG.

You need to fill to the click, zero you mileage and drive around.
Then re-fill to the click - the volume of fuel to refill to the click and the mileage you've just done are the two numbers you need to then work out MPG.

Just do mileage(miles)/volume(litres) then multiply by 4.546 to get MPG.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your capacity is probably 45L.

Also, thats not the most accurate way of measuring MPG.

You need to fill to the click, zero you mileage and drive around.
Then re-fill to the click - the volume of fuel to refill to the click and the mileage you've just done are the two numbers you need to then work out MPG.

Just do mileage(miles)/volume(litres) then multiply by 4.546 to get MPG.
What click?

There was a click when I was filling up, but the click came at like 35L I had to keep on pressing the lever in until it got to 43.14?

I'll figure it out when I next fill up then, still doesn't seem fair though? What if the click happens at different point at different pumps/petrol stations?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes that click that tells you the tank is full cause the petrol level is above the nozzle triggering the click mechanism. Try to avoid pushing the nozzle completely in or try a different angle, then the click should occur when the tank is full whereas you may have the nozzle against an edge so it seems like its alway full.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes that click that tells you the tank is full cause the petrol level is above the nozzle triggering the click mechanism. Try to avoid pushing the nozzle completely in or try a different angle, then the click should occur when the tank is full whereas you may have the nozzle against an edge so it seems like its alway full.
I done some research and I understand now. As long as I have the nozzle the same depth into the tank then it should be fair, thanks. I;ll post results bank soon

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
2nd at 25mph is crazy :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.