• 1.4 tuned

Votes: 8 36.4%

Votes: 14 63.6%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right just going to start a poll to see what everyone thinks I should do. Basically been thinking whether or not to tune my car now or get a 1.8. The 1.8 insurance is affordable but will be pushing the limits, where as hopefully tuning and body styling the 1.4 should allow me to get a good insurance quote off Adrian Flux, since they seem to prefer highly tuned cars. Also benefits of the 1.4 is it is a lighter engine and already has my ICE fitted, however the 1.8 has rear disks and bigger front disks but isnt anything amazing with the power.
So anyway its open for discussion and a poll is going up for people who just like to vote.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
In the long run I would say the 1.8.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what your saying Lee, but just throw a few reasons in please. I want to see other angles I may not have looked at.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Out of the bag the 1.8 will probably have similar performance to what you will end up achieving with the 1.4. Plus it will have more torque. Then once you can afford to you can mod it way beyond the limits of a 1.4.

·
Registered
390 Posts
to be honest mate i wouldn't bother tuning the 1.4 .

i know it's tempting to try it and want more performace straight away as i've been there myself, but you really will be wasting your money.

for the money you would need to spend to see good power gains from the 1.4 it's not really worth it.

save your money for a year or so til your insurance comes down a bit, content yourself with what you've got at the moment, and buy something more powerful as standard later on!!

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol well I can afford a 1.8 in feb its just wondering if its worth trying tuning the 1.4, seems like it seems a better idea to get 1.8

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well think this thread has pretty much told me what I new really, just going to have to pay the insurance and get on with it lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts