All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using biodiesel for a while with no problems so far until now! Back in May starting from cold was tricky, so in went a new set of NGK glow plugs (bought on Ebay I might add!) All has been ok until the weather has turned cold, now it's an absolute pig to start cold :mad:
I fancy a new set of (Kosher?) plugs may be the answer, I don't think it could be the filter as it pulls like a train :thumbs_up: when driving!
The problem is that I had to borrow the tools to change them in May, thanks to my 2 sons borrowing my tools over the years and not returning them :mad:
I do remember one was a pain getting out and needed an angled socket of some kind.
Anyone know what size they are, and can a tool be bought cheaply enough to do the job, if so where?
Any comments welcomed thanks, Dave.

·
Banned
885 Posts
It sounds suspiciously to me as if your biodiesel may be waxing out in the cold weather, this can happen either from standing, or whilst driving if any part of the fuel system is in an icy draught.
'Normal' Diesel fuel has anti-waxing additives in it during winter months.

Regards.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but on nearly empty I put in £20 diesel from the garage, used the car that day as normal, following morning same problem! Dodgy plugs from Ebay, methinks? Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even normal diesel can do it as well has happened to me. Brim the tank. It won't struggle as much.

Is it very smoky on starting up? if not, glow plugs are ok
Of course! The smoke is the unburnt diesel :eek:
Can't believe I forgot that! Thanks for reminding me, new plugs are going in as soon as the weather permits. Cheers, Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.