All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

Just signed up to the forum as I went and got my self a brand new 1.2 16v VVT limited edition corsa yesterday, it's only got 7 miles on the clock as its brand new. And an added extra of Bluetooth :D

Just looking for people's opinions on this car really, not that it would affect me purchasing it as I've already done it. Haha. Just got to wait till the 29th till I can pick it up.

Any advice would be good :)

Thanks

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Is it brand new?

Not really a fan if I'm honest, they're ok. Are y having second thoughts? Just a bit weird to buy something than ask what other people think straight away, as if its for re-assurance?

Asking as you enjoy it, fook everybody else

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
and say brand new one more time?

sorry to piss on your parade but im not a fan of the corsa D. I owned one for a few years and actually prefered my corsa B which was in constant repairs. They have no soul. you cant feel the road in them. quite a boring drive. oh and look its limited edition! theres only a million others just like it.

but as long as your happy thats all that matters. enjoy your brand new car

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Had 4 D's and they're okey for the purpose they serve. A runabout, cheap on fuel, reliable, comfy, look half decent.

Nothing really to add about them, like Samo says, haven't really got a soul, no character :-/

If your 17/18, the LE is spot on, it's modern and looks good... Girls couldn't care less about if a car handles or is fast, so it will help in that respect :)

Just enjoy it, and use it to its potential if your a teenager!! Haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No second thoughts, was just asking wha other people's opinions were on it.

Yer it's brand new, ill be the first owner when I pick it up next week.

I'm not a teenager haha, I'm 23, so it's got nothing to do with the age, I just like the look at it and its one of the comfiest cars I've ever driven.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Is it brand new?

Not really a fan if I'm honest, they're ok. Are y having second thoughts? Just a bit weird to buy something than ask what other people think straight away, as if its for re-assurance?

Asking as you enjoy it, fook everybody else

sorry to piss on your parade but im not a fan of the corsa D. I owned one for a few years and actually prefered my corsa B which was in constant repairs. They have no soul. you cant feel the road in them. quite a boring drive. oh and look its limited edition! theres only a million others just like it.

To be fair he only said it twice??

Then he went and spoilt it all by saying something stupid like its brand new...

No second thoughts, was just asking wha other people's opinions were on it.

Yer it's brand new, ill be the first owner when I pick it up next week.

I'm not a teenager haha, I'm 23, so it's got nothing to do with the age, I just like the look at it and its one of the comfiest cars I've ever driven.
:palm: :palm:

:laugh:

Reactions: benb404

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Welcome to allcorsa fella! Ignore the banter we like to have a bit of fun :D

·
Registered
260 Posts

I can imagine that's most modern mass produced cars to be honest. But they're built for practicality, eco'ness and style nowadays, and too a tight budget.

If you want soul, you want an Aston... They say it has soul in their slogan. Or you could just do it properly and get a 25 year old Ford *Runs and hides for cover*

Either way, enjoy your new car I would have one if I had the cash

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I find the same feeling in the missus mini cooper (2003) its ok round corners (compared to the Audi Wagon) but its just too sensible and 'normal'

I definatley think that the Corsa B is an awesome drive! Would have loved one with a bit more go.

On the D's i find the steering way too light, although the 1.4s are fairly nippy.

I think the euro'd D's look amazing, my issues with the LEis that there not very limited, there are more LEs than standard white ones!

Hope you enjoy it though!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had 4 D's and they're okey for the purpose they serve. A runabout, cheap on fuel, reliable, comfy, look half decent.

Nothing really to add about them, like Samo says, haven't really got a soul, no character :-/

If your 17/18, the LE is spot on, it's modern and looks good... Girls couldn't care less about if a car handles or is fast, so it will help in that respect :)

Just enjoy it, and use it to its potential if your a teenager!! Haha
Erm....correction, some girls do care about how a car handles and how fast it is :p

WARNING - FEMALE PETROL HEAD!

And in response to this thread I love my D so comfy handles really well for a chunky car a lot better than I was expecting anyway. It's fast and looks sexy too. But I have a 1.6 SRI Turbo. The 1.2 will be pretty slow due to the weight of the car but if your not bothered about speed it's ideal.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Erm....correction, some girls do care about how a car handles and how fast it is :p

WARNING - FEMALE PETROL HEAD!

And in response to this thread I love my D so comfy handles really well for a chunky car a lot better than I was expecting anyway. It's fast and looks sexy too. But I have a 1.6 SRI Turbo. The 1.2 will be pretty slow due to the weight of the car but if your not bothered about speed it's ideal.
WARNING!

Girl who thinks she's different and has to shout about it...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.