All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
i heard u have 2 get ur speedo re-done - cause if u have bigger wheels, ur going faster than the speedo says - dunno if thats tru?

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
Depends on offset mate, mine used to rub when I had 17s but if you get the correct offset you should be fine, et49 i beleive?

Also speedo aint out by that much, it wont really affect you, there is a calculator for it somewhere on here...

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
I was told it may be under the centre cap but have never checked, a lot of people don't like having such big wheels. I loved them but make sure they are ok before you decide for sure before you buy if you havn't already

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
offset is normally on the side of the wheel the you cant see mate. And et49 is the correct offset. Iv got 17" alloys on mine with an offset of et40 and i do get scrubbing if iv got people in the back. Getting your aches rolled does work ive heard and you can get it done for approx £30-£40 per arch. Easiest thing to do though is find a set of alloys with the perfect offset though so you wont get any problems at all.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
And dont worry about the speedo thing. It is such a small change that it wont affect you at all. It only really has a significant difference at speeds over 70mph. for example if your speedo is saying your doing 70, your probably doing 76mph, thats how insignificant the innacuracy is, and the speedo innacuracy decreases the slower you go.

·
Registered
611 Posts
And dont worry about the speedo thing. It is such a small change that it wont affect you at all. It only really has a significant difference at speeds over 70mph. for example if your speedo is saying your doing 70, your probably doing 76mph, thats how insignificant the innacuracy is, and the speedo innacuracy decreases the slower you go.
yeah, spot on there, this is why police allow a 10% error margin on speed limits, ie, 77mph in a 70zone, if there's larger wheels etc. they might give an advisory to get the speedo sorted, same goes for speed cameras, cameras in 70 zones tend to be set at 79mph from what i was told by a traffic cop a month or 2 ago, and larger wheels will not give that much of a difference in speed ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
17's will fit a corsa b a peice of cake just take the plastics rear arch's out and they will fit like a glove some one did it to mine before i bought it

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I had 17's on my old B with NO rubbing at all as they were the perfect offset ET48....this can be found on the inside of the alloy. The issue of the speedo being out is seriously so minimal that it is not an issue :rolleyes:

Some pics coz i'm a show off :D

In there glory on my old Corsa Vegas

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Laura's (LAD VXL) are for sale .... still i think!

get em! They are perfect!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts