All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My beloved SRi is up for sale...as many of you know, it was the sites January Feature Car and has had a lot of money thrown at it. She developed engine trouble with the C16SE in her so I recently replaced it with the C14SE (which is the engine that came in this model originally). Sadly, after 9 days, the engine developed problems. She's running but needs attention....I'm advertising her as a shell; she's way too nice to scrap.

A bit of history....acquired the vehicle in May 2006 and she was SORN until December 2006 when she left the spray booth having had a new coat in Audi Jet Black. Prior to the respray I dropped a C16SE Astra engine in her and she was fine for around 6mths. Then my troubles started...entire underbonnet sensors replaced at great cost, then another engine change.

She has MOT until end of May 2008 and tax will run out end of November 2007. The last MOT gave one advisory which only involves dropping the rear suspension down and undersealing (work I would have done in the summer had the engine trouble not diverted my attention). She is fitted with a Toad AI606 which will not be taken out of the car (she's delocked and it's all on remote). The alloys will not be on the car when she is sold either.

All in all, an experienced mechanic could have the work done on the engine and have a cracking little car at the end of it. She'll come with a lot of new sensors should a C14SE/C16SE be dropped in her. Injectors serviced by Lucas, all like new. If you look at the feature page, all that will be missing from the list are the alloys and stereo.

If you're interested, drop me a line....no timewasters, I'm gutted enough as it is :(

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I know matey, I'm sooo gutted it's unreal.

Just to add to the advert; I still have the C16SE which, if required, can be included with the car also. It's been stripped down already so will come as block and head. Also, the alternator was serviced and is like new. I also have 2 sets of 2.0 brake calipers (both types) which will be thrown in too.

This is an absolute bargain.

EDIT:

List of replaced/serviced parts and spares:

Replaced (brand new):

Idle Control Valve (ICV)
Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
Coolant Temp Sensor (CTS)
Lambda Sensor (O2 Sensor)
Rear wheel bearings and brakes/drums

Serviced:

4 x MPI Injectors, all as new (servicing cost £80)
Alternator (new bearings)

Spares:
1 set of 2.0L Astra GTE ATE Calipers (discs are included but used)
1 set of Delco 2.0L Calipers
Complete C16SE engine (needs rebuilding, local company quoted £450 max to rebore and redo bearings (crank etc), new pistons, skim head, redo valves)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep £400 will see me waving bye bye to her :(

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sold....£200 to a family member (less the alloys).

I still have the ATE Astra GTE calipers if anyone is interested though....plus 3 ECU's (all 8v....2 x 1.6 and 1 x 1.4)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts