All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to this forum and hope to enjoy my stay..

I have just purchased a 1997 (R Reg) Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 16V CDX 5d Auto and hope you can answer a couple of questions..

1) Did the 1997 CDX models come with an electronic mobiliser or not? If it was optional, how will I know if I have it or not?

2) What was the standard CD player on these? I ask because the car has come without a stereo and I would rather source the factory fitted one rather than buy one off the high street because it is less likely to be stolen and I do not have to continually remove the fascia.

On a sidenote, the car has a comfortable interior and the leather steering wheel is a treat. It is also suprisingly spacious inside. Outside, it has that sporty look to it, even if its 5 door, has standard alloys that are dated and the colour I got is green.

I look forward to reading your replies.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Hi,

I am new to this forum and hope to enjoy my stay..

I have just purchased a 1997 (R Reg) Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 16V CDX 5d Auto and hope you can answer a couple of questions..

1) Did the 1997 CDX models come with an electronic mobiliser or not? If it was optional, how will I know if I have it or not?
They came with one.

2) What was the standard CD player on these? I ask because the car has come without a stereo and I would rather source the factory fitted one rather than buy one off the high street because it is less likely to be stolen and I do not have to continually remove the fascia.
They more than likely came with this one but in my opinion you would bet better off buying a cheap cd player, for example one like this

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They came with one.

They more than likely came with this one but in my opinion you would bet better off buying a cheap cd player, for example one like this
Thank you for the reply.

As I said before, I am reluctant to get a stereo like the Kenwood you linked to because it is likely to get stolen if I leave the fascia on and I don't want to continually remove it.

If I go for the factory fitted one, will it work out of the box? Or were the stereos paired to the cars because they make use of the internal display?

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
It should work out of the box, as it should come a with a radio code. If there is no code dont get the radio though as you will need it to work.
I know what you mean about worrying about getting it stolen, however it takes 2 mins to remove the fascia and for a cheap unit like that you might as well just keep it in the glovebox.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts