All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

During normal running, where should the temp gauge needle be positioned?

I drove from Luton to Deal yesteday & the needle couldnt make its mind up.

It was either positioned far left (cold) or sometimes moved to around 80degs
on the gauge. It didnt quite reach the 90 mark.

Advice appreciated :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
10 Posts
also would be worth changing/checking the water temp sensor or its a lose connection to it

not sure on this car where that is
normally in the radiator or in the thermostat housing

a stuck thermostat would still give a reading more than zero
and it if stuck open would mean your heater would blow colder than normal and engine temp lower
if stuck shut engine temp would be higher around than normall up to 95/100
as you say it moves up and down i would say its the water temp sensor or the connection to it

yours Colin

·
Registered
149 Posts
also would be worth changing/checking the water temp sensor or its a lose connection to it

not sure on this car where that is
normally in the radiator or in the thermostat housing

a stuck thermostat would still give a reading more than zero
and it if stuck open would mean your heater would blow colder than normal and engine temp lower

if stuck shut engine temp would be higher around than normall up to 95/100
as you say it moves up and down i would say its the water temp sensor or the connection to it

yours Colin
That's exactly what he described

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you do change the thermostat, you be better off changing the chain aswell. saves you a job later on. :thumbs_up:
The Corsa B 1.4 doesn't have a timing chain, it has a belt. And why would you do a job that involves pretty much removing/dropping the engine when you can replace the thermostat in 15 mins?

It's just at the bottom left of the rocker cover, 3 bolts with a big jubiliee clipped radiator hose going into it. Drain your coolant into a bucket (you can re-use it) swap the thermostats, reconnect, refill and re-bleed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OPEL-CORS...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19ca011a86

I'd get a new gasket too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.