All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay guys,

I got 2 bucket seats the otehr day and we managed to get the passenger one in today well 2 bolts but then it became apparent the door won't close :S

If i was to take the bottom part of the door card off they would be perfect although wouldn;t it look a little naff?

Also i was looking at harnesses the other day can you get any that don;t need the rear seats removed if not its not a mager problem i'll just remove the back seats but im sticking a 2.0 redtop in in about 4 months so i want the added protection of harnesses.

Cheers anyway,

Shr3k

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
you can get harnesses still using the back seats, but i dont see the point in keeping them as no one can use them anyway.

if the door wont close then you'll have to trim up the door card, but they should fit with no problems.

got any pics?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
What subframes are you using?

You can get harnesses which dont need seats, either attached to a bar which goes across the rear foot well, or certain roll cages incorporate a bar to fix harnesses to.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay,

Well i'll get some photos later, they are cobra seats ill get some internet pics bear with me but they are hitting the pocket bit on the door.

As for harnesses the rear seats will probably go.

Be right back with photos.

Corsaboy

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wasn;t going to use subframes im planning on using the original frames after teh seats are off and ether making up some brackets or welding it in place.

Shr3k

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Using standard frames might be the reason why you cant close the door. IIRC Your supposed to buy matching frames to make sure that fit correctly.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah but im not actually moving the seat in any way, i suppose the point uim trying to make is how would i go about removign the pockets on both sides so that i could have the pannel there but with no pocket.

It would work that way and wold look quite nice i think.

Also it would stop me sticking junk in the pockets ;)

Shr3k

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Oh ok fair enough, removing door pockets is piece of p*ss you need a torx bit to remove the seven torx screws and then just pull it downwards, disconnect speaker cables and bobs your uncle.

The difficult bit is customising your door pocket so that it doesnt have a pocket but houses the speakers etc. I think its the cases of choppin it out and smoothing it all flat with fibreglass etc.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i can get the piece off and the seat fits perfectly but its making the panel a panel and speaker housing only and not a pocket lol,

i'll play arround,

Shr3k

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers steve been looking on the net and my best bet is to modify the original ones, it'll be pretty unique :D

Anyway im off to bed jsut spent 4 1/2 hours playing with teh seats and havnlt evan got any fitted yet lol, i'm just trying to reinforce it as much as possible as im a big lad ;)

Anyway ill post up pictures when its all done :D

Shr3k

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
i remember fitting mine, not just a case of unbolting an bolt new ones in!

took me just over a day. right piece of **** lol.

you'll get there in the end! :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah looks like its gonna take me about a day to fit them but im going to persevere and fit them as i got a 2.0 litre redtop reserved for when i get a job.

Shr3k

1 - 16 of 16 Posts