All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've recently bought a Vauxhall Corsa SXi 1.2 Petrol.

I had a bit of a problem with the remote central locking at first... I bought some new batteries for the key and the car now locks with one press and deadlocks with two presses. However the unlock button on the remote doesn't work. Any ideas? Do I need a new key? I can still unlock the car manually for now.

That brings me onto my main problem. The boot does not lock at all whatsoever on my car. The key will go into the lock, however if you turn the key it will just go round and around as much as you turn it. The boot shuts fine, but it just won't lock! The boot just shuts and if somebody was to press in the button, the boot will open! The little black plastic part on the boot lock, that should lock up into position, does so when I use my hand/finger to push it into lock however I can only obviously do this when the boot is open! So when I shut the boot, it slams down and obviously won't shut properly - just like shutting your front door with the lock sticking out! Will I need a whole new lock for my boot? Do I need to take it to the garage to be looked at?

Any advice very welcome! Please reply with any questions if you don't fully understand what I'm trying to explain!

Thank you!

Please help!!

Zack.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You definitely need a new lock mechanism for your boot. Something had broken inside it. I'd recommend going to a breakers yard for a replacement because you can practice taking one out before you do yours.

As for the central locking, i'd take apart the key (like you did for the battery) and try getting some switch contact cleaner to remove any dirt. You could also ask someone handy with electronics to test the switch.

A last resort is getting a new key coded, but i'd do this last as the above will probably cost significantly less than the £100 for a new key.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts