All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hii all.

This is the start of what will more than likley be a 5 year project. Walking baby steps atm so just wanted to know what people thought of my extra DRLs

:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Need more pics up! One picture in a project thread that shows jut one light is abit pointless.

Not keen on whT you've done tbh. Although I could see from a distance it may look better

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking about a badgless grill but seems pricey for what it is. I was thinking alloys. Some nice 15" or 16" but not sure where I would stand with the warrenty as you mentioned

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I was thinking about a badgless grill but seems pricey for what it is. I was thinking alloys. Some nice 15" or 16" but not sure where I would stand with the warrenty as you mentioned
Badgeless grill require cutting the bumper, and I take it your looking at irmscher jobs. You can buy aftermarket grills for like £40-50, but as I say, you have to cut the original grill out.

Alloys, your looking at 17-18" alloys on a Corsa D. Any smaller will look stupid and pointless.
If you out alloys on it, then you'll need to lower it to give it some stance, otherwise your looking at a tractor style.

All of the above will invalidate your warrenty.

I've had a few new corsas, and I didn't do anything to the first 2, then wrote them off. The LE I lowered etc, and just kind of fecked off the warrenty, but only had it 4months from new anyways.

So you have a choice, either modify or keep your warrenty. Bare in mind, D's are expensive to modify compared to alot of cars. So I'd think carefully about it.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Well this will be a project to keep an eye on -_-

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Meh, don't appoligise I came here for advice.

And I will be removing the red ones and replacing with white due to the problems with the law.

Other than that I'm not sure where to go :/

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
you can get places like thorney vauxhall that can do bits on the car say a remap and it wont invalidate your warrenty think its any place that has vauxhall master fit or something along them lines as when i went down to thorney they said most mods they do on the car wont invalidate your warrenty but guess it depends what it down to

·
Registered
22 Posts
Meh, don't appoligise I came here for advice.

And I will be removing the red ones and replacing with white due to the problems with the law.

Other than that I'm not sure where to go :/
ok cool, what about window tinting ????, that wont invalidate any warranty..

also if you ask what can be done i am sure if you get a vx dealer to fit the parts you will be good warranty wise, like remap/spring's n shock's ect, wheel's i would have thought would be fine again if they are oem

for me i would colour code the grill asap to make a huge but subtle difference, either paint or vinyl wrap

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, some good advice (a first on any forum so far :/ )

I will pop down to my V dealer at some point when I have spare brass.

It's not the route I wanted to take as it's more expensive but is the smartest option.

Thanks again

ok cool, what about window tinting ????, that wont invalidate any warranty..

also if you ask what can be done i am sure if you get a vx dealer to fit the parts you will be good warranty wise, like remap/spring's n shock's ect, wheel's i would have thought would be fine again if they are oem

for me i would colour code the grill asap to make a huge but subtle difference, either paint or vinyl wrap

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks, some good advice (a first on any forum so far :/ )

I will pop down to my V dealer at some point when I have spare brass.

It's not the route I wanted to take as it's more expensive but is the smartest option.

Thanks again
no probs mate :), where you based, i know a guy who does window tint's for a reasonable price

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DRL situation

Just so you all know I replaced the red LEDs with white ones.
I don't think they have as much apeal but they are legal atleast.

I have also relocated the red ones to the foot wells :). Will put some pics up later on when it eventually gets dark :/

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.