All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vauxhall corsa 2012 sri 1.4 weird noise coming from drivers side like metal on metal happens from cold start when turning egnition and aslo when setting off or changing through gears also does it when handbrake is on and judder the car been to Vauxhall but they say theres nothing wrong over the last few weeks its got worse and I don't belive they've done a proper check could it be loose susppention strut maybe would be greatfull for any help

·
Banned
885 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.
It sounds as if you may have two different noises there.
When you turn the ignition key to the 'start' position,it is possible that the noise at that time is from the starter motor, but that obviously wouldn't be the case when you are driving, the most likely cause of that is from the brakes.

Is your car not under warranty? Rather than carrying out ANY work on it, You would be advised to re-contact your Vauxhall dealer and explain that the noise has got worse than when they last checked it.
If it really is worst when cold, you should ask them to keep the car until it really has got cold and then re-test it - There really isn't much point in them checking it just as you drive in, if it only happens when cold.

Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanks for the reply the noise its making does this while driving also like if I change gear up or down and the car jolts a bit then it does it the cars under warranty last time I left it with then they tried to brush it off but ive rang them today and demanded they recheck it while iam there so its going in Monday morning maybe then if iam there they mite just listen.... was just curious if anyone else had encounted this weird problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.