All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
I can't understand why you would just leave your car there that long without checking up on the work and just keep paying more and more.
People in his situation often become oblivious to the time/money spent as it's not a huge loss, I mean take it this way, did he ever once say in the post that it was a LOT of money? Or indicate it was nearly his life savings etc.

It's pocket change really for this guy whereas for an average joe (or Tim :p) $250k is a monumental amount of money to essentially be thrown straight into a blaze.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
What like?

There's another one from the same company with similar bodges and similar behavoir from the owner.
i didnt mean like its a load of bullshit, i mean like, if it was my car, i'd be up there every couple of weeks (yeah its a long way away but your spending alot of money so i'd want to make checks) and if i was told things such as 'x turbo is more powerful than y turbo' i'd be googling/asking on forums etc before giving the go ahead

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Fools and their money...
i didnt mean like its a load of bullshit, i mean like, if it was my car, i'd be up there every couple of weeks (yeah its a long way away but your spending alot of money so i'd want to make checks) and if i was told things such as 'x turbo is more powerful than y turbo' i'd be googling/asking on forums etc before giving the go ahead
I agree with you, but see the comment above Dave posted.

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
I see what you mean, but you gotta think, if you knew nothing about engines, at all, and you bought a GTR because it was a nice fast car, and then you see all these people racing their GTR's and you think "I want some of that". You just take it to one of these tuning shops and hand over the money, you hinge on every word they say. If they promise the end goal that you want, you'll carry on paying.

Also it helps that the guy is clearly minted lol.

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
and when your a millionaire, which he probably is, he didn't give a damn about the money
Oh I'm sure he cared but it wasn't going to cause him to lose his house or something.

It's the same as if one of you guys got a garage to make and fit an exhaust system, and then they bodged it on, welded it wonky, and hammered the downpipe on the bottom for ground clearance... You'd be pissed and you'd be £600 down, but it's not something you'll cry your eyes out over.

Same thing, just bigger scale.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.