All Corsa Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

3 lads in accident

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Coleman 
#1 · (Edited)
hey just wondered as i live in tamworth have any of you heard about the tragic accident of the 3 lads who were killed last week.
many people have paid there respect by going on a large drive around the place of the accident. a fundraising night was held to respect the 3 lads lives. a lot of money was raised to place a bench down at the macdonalds which is a meeting place for many young people they have all placed there respect by putting stickers on there cars with rip and the lads intials. just think people should think about this and rememeber to drive safely and to wear a seatbelt even if it isnt cool.

R.I.P

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4205970029

#5 ·
I binned my bike @ about 50-60mph on friday on a trackday (front washed out on a corner). I was wearing full leathers, lid, leather, carbon reinforced gloves, carbon armoured boots etc etc which all have holes in now.

I just hit the deck from about 18" and rolled/slid (I was lent over in the corner) and I'm covered in bruises and abrasions even with the right kit on.

Out of respect for those he left behind, I'll bite my tongue, but
No seatbelt cos its 'not cool' :eek:

#6 ·
No seatbelt cos its 'not cool' :eek:
See thats aload of b*llocks, us youngsters dont think its cool not to wear a selt belt, its common sense and nobody thinks anything of it. Its only a very odd few and even then it usually a reason like its not comfortable, not becuase its not "cool" I know nobody who thinks like.

R.I.P lads, another tragic case, ultimate price paid for not use a belt :(

#7 ·
I get this 'Bikes' are dangerous thrown at me all the time

EG:- my mate was really seriously injured when he was 17 on a bike, spent 3 months in hospital, skin grafts, broken bones etc etc. What was he wearing ? - Trainers, jeans and a T shirt (Oh Oh Ok :rolleyes:

There is risk in all the things we do, but what pees me off is the invincibility which many younger drivers/riders seem to feel they have, who then go on to tell everyone how dangerous it is on the roads.

Even when it is baking (30c+), I still wear body armour and full leathers as I've fallen off a few times over the years and seen friends get very seriously injured.

Its just not worth the risk. Seatbelts have been compulsory since 82, so most people have been strapped into child seats and then seatbelts since birth or before any other memory. Saying that they are uncomfortable is a bit of a feeble excuse IMO !

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.