All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above my corsas on 15's thinkin 60 will it rub?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Depends on the offset of your wheels. If the offset is around the et45-49 mark you shouldn't get any problems with 60mm.
Although mines et42 and lowered about 60-70mm, it does scrape with 3-4 people in but it's not too bad overall.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok where can i find the offset on the tyre?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh some 100+ ones so i gotta take the rim off?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yep, it should be stamped on the inside of the wheel somewhere.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cant afford coilovers, compared to only £60 for springs

·
Registered
497 Posts
From what I gather lowering on springs only isn't a good idea. The dampers can't handle the uprated springs and the springs damage them. I've also heard it is dangerous and I think I remember people saying the ride is very bouncy. Don't quote me on any of that but I know you need to uprate she dampers as well to do it properly.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
you can normaly lower about 30mm tops with original dampers without doing to much damage to them.any more you've gota do dampers as well really the originals wont last long.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, how much is it to uprate the dampers?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OMG lol all i wanna dop is lower my car!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Look on ebay for a full suspension set-up. Around £200 new and probably less than half that 2nd hand.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
loads of my mates have slammed there cars 40 and 60 n had no probz, gutted!

·
Registered
40 Posts
just get bit of arch qork if u need it i did. i got offset 35 lowered 60mm with 16" wheels at the front and no rubbing. even with 5 ppl in car. my back wheels are et45 lowered 60mm and its all gud :D

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Spacers?

·
Registered
497 Posts
OMG lol all i wanna dop is lower my car!
Yeah but if you think about it, changing the ride height is messing about with the suspension, and that's a BIG part of the car, I'd expect it to be expensive to lower it, I was quite surprised when I found out I could get mine lowered for less than £300, less than I was expecting to pay!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts