All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always pondered this from both the Nova or Corsa, has anyone tried to graft the running gear from the 4wd Cavalier or Calibra into these cars, and if how difficult was it ?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Surely you can get custom running gear made up though?

I think Beardy off CS is currently building a Twin engined turbo 4wd corsa IIRC.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
yes there is. i'm going to be giving it a go once i find a place to store a cav 4x4 i've been offered

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i know of one using a trimmed down cavalier floorplan and bulkhead, started off being build from a 2.0 8v cavy sri 4x4 then got moded to take the calibra turbo parts, special diff to bring the wheels in and a shortened prop and tons of really expensive parts

d

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
As an aside, a friend of mine owns a garage/rolling road/tuning business in Cheltenham (http://www.mechrepairs.co.uk) and last year he built a 2.3 RWD Corsa short circuit racer from scratch (space frame chassis etc

Its not a show car, but it goes and handles rather well :D

He races it with one of his sons in the south west.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
His garage is a fascinating place to go into as they always have something exotic on the rollers.

Last time I was in there, they were setting up the fuelling on a £1 million prototype 500+bhp Marcos with a monster yank big block engine in it, which the company hopes to put into production as a direct competitor to the TVRs as the quintessential british sports car - now that TVR is in russian hand, as well as setting fuelling on cars for Lotus, TVR etc - take a look in his website gallery

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
That corsa looks great! Any more pics or info on it?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That corsa looks great! Any more pics or info on it?
I expect he has got a few, next time I see him, I'll find out a bit more and post it up. It is raced by one of his sons, and he has an Alfa as well as a couple of minis driven by his youngest kids (10 and 13) which are also race prepped and competed. He doesn't keep it at the garage though. Last time I saw it, was whilst it was being built and he was fabricating the transmission tunnel overthe prop shaft.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I genuinely would like to learn more about that. I reckon it would make a really interesting read.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
it has been doon a few times, people have cut down the running gear and welded it back up i think, and there has been a few people extend the whole chassis by 6 inches to fit them so iv been told by a guy who i know who did it himself lol.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
That corsa is pretty savage! but to be honest i think the only thing corsa about it is the shell lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts