All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i can get a De-Cat for a 1994 1.2 8v Corsa B, the problem is its a 5 Door.

Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Dont mean to be offensive but your car is a 1.2, for the benefits your going to get from adding a decat pipe the stress and time it will take to remove before MOT also if you get a random road side check.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It is true, I have one on mine and tbh I wouldn't say it has any noticable gains from it and mine's a 1.6.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I did actually see something, will try find link tomorrow, that said a de cat gave a 1bhp gain over a sports cat. Although sports cat are quite dear I think?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I must point out though that in the year I have had the car, I probably drove it for a week without the de-cat on so maybe I just don't notice it.
I know 100% it isn't worth it on a 1.2 though.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
yes, with a decat you will have next to no back pressure what so ever, especially if you have no middle silencer.
so your car will use petoral like its going out of fashion, and you might find it even slows it down as a result of losing back pressure.

·
Registered
901 Posts
yes, with a decat you will have next to no back pressure what so ever, especially if you have no middle silencer.
so your car will use petoral like its going out of fashion, and you might find it even slows it down as a result of losing back pressure.
With my old backbox , it was a large oval and i had the middle section that got rid of the middle silencer and the backbox was losin back pressure for me :( so i had to buy a 3.5'' slash cut now its fine can tell i gained from it .

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers for all your views i was just looking to see how much one cost, to see if i could really be bothered with all of the work to attach and detach ever time i get my car MOTed.

I wasn't really looking for performance through getting a de-cat, being a 1.2 there isnt a great deal you can do to it to get more power out of the engine without getting serious engine work done, and god knows i cant afford that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts