All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got quoted 500quid as my corsa failed the mot on 3 main parts.

Handbrake effeciency below requirements. (200quid)
Insecure battery requiring welding. (230)
Horn not working. (70)

Is this fair?
also the car is 1 litre engine and an 05 place with 78,000 miles on the clock.

Any help would be great as i cant seem to find much about insecure battery's!

·
Registered
7 Posts
It sounds to me like you are being quoted way over the
odds for the work! the handbrake is easy enough adjusted, or hop the back drums off and check your adjusters are working. certainly shouldn't cost 200 for that!

in what way is your battery insecure? the bracket? I had a problem with the back nearside suspension carrier on my corsa, it involved having the suspension dropped down and a plate welded above where the spring carrier sits, with all that it cost 80. so 230 for a bit of welding? ridiculous!

My advice would be, shop around and find the cheapest place to get your work done.

Mike

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
No, go elsewhere. You're being raped

Reactions: markyboy1

·
Registered
1 Posts
Often garages quote over the odds to take into consideration unexpected issues such as rusted bolts in hard to get to locations that they need to remove to get to the welding. Other garages quote over the odds if they don't want to do the job!

As said, check around, often smaller one man companies quote well and their work is probably as good as larger garages if not better. Facebook local pages, I.e. Items for sale in anytOwn style pages are great places to ask if anyone can recommend local guys (or gals).

Good luck with it anyway.
Ps or buy a mig welder and have a go yourself. I did and do all my own little weld jobs now. Hardly a professional worker but it's cheap and sufficient to get through MOTs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.