All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
wifes 1.2 55 plate five door, drove car for 3 miles then parked up over night. went to start today and the ignition turns over and catches, idles for a second then cuts out.

any idea, anybody. looked through the threads but nothing to say what the fix might be.

will try the pedal test in the morning (car three miles from house) doh thats what i get for parking up and leaving the car when going out for the night..:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
still wont start

tried the pedal test and connected up a fault reader..... no faults..

still only start and will rev once then cuts out.

pulled the plugs and cleaned up. seperated all plugs and breather pipes and fuel line, all looks ok but still not going..

any ideas anybody.

crank sensor seem to be a theme?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Into garage it goes.

Garage unable to diagnose as nno fauly codes. could have told him that.

thinks its the dash, but he wont know until Wednesday when some mobile diagnostic guy comes round.

told him to try sponge ub the back but he says it wont work with mines... always the same.

thoughts anyone.

replacing dials work?

has someone had this before?

·
Banned
885 Posts
I take it that you have checked for petrol reaching the injectors?

Your problem SOUNDS to be very much like a immobilizer fault, which will allow the engine to start, but not to run for more than a second or two.
Have you tried your spare ignition key? It COULD be as simple as a faulty chip inside the key.

Regards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi

you were right it was the imobiliser (so the garage said).

no fault codes showed on my fault reader or the one in the garage but the mobile guy they brought in recond it was a break in the signal for the abs sensor which goes to the imobiliser at the rear of the dash????

eventually found and fixed a broken wire in the loom.....

true or false??? its going anyway and i can pick it up tomorrow £120 lighter.

hope it goes.

cheers:thumbs_up:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.