All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im lookin to put a set of 17's on my 5door corsa B but was wondering how much arch work would need done and how much i could lower it???

cheers stu

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It all depend's on what offset wheels you get and also what profile the tyres are.
The perfect offset for corsas is et49.
I had 17's lowered 60mm on a 3-door corsa and it only scraped when I had 3 people in my car. Also I'm not sure what offset the wheels were.

I'm also not sure if there is any difference between the 5-door and 3-door fitments. Mark will know better than me and will probably post to let you know.

·
Registered
390 Posts
hi mate.

theres not much of a difference between the 3 and 5 door arch shape, the 5 door being ever so slightly tighter.

as lee has said, just make sure u get a wheel with the correct offset, ideally a low profile tyre, and obviously the more you lower the more chance of you having to modify the arches.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
2 and 5 doors are basically the same make sure you get the right offset and right tyre's in most causes when ive lowered the 3 or 5 doors ive take the rear arches off and bonded them on as the wee bolts that hold them on can sometimes dig into the tyres when your loaded up or when going round corners causing damage to your tyres

d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts