All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I've just been visiting another Corsa forum & they really hate 6x9 speakers. I have 6x9 Pioneers in my parcel shelf & I think they sound fine! :confused:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeah its sumthin to do with the 6x9's being used in the same air space as ure sub it makes it sound all muffled apparently, better off gettin good door speakers evry1 says

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
You will get slaughtered on corsa crazy or corsasport for having 6x9's But its true how ever they say it, like corsaj says they use the same air space as subs etc, so their bass is pretty pointless, and they drag sound stage to the back which you dont really want. they all also over rated, specially about power figures, personally have components or small co axials speakers on the rear parcel shelf to 'fill' the car not bring the sound to the rear, Get a half decent set of comps wired to an amp and you will be suprised

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't take much to please me so that's why i like 6x9's :laugh: I've already been slaughtered on other forums!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Lol, what they saying is true, its just lets just say they're not very polite about it ;)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
ye, if you have subs in the boot they knock the **** outa your 6x9s anyways.

the best setup is some nice sounding components, or good set of coaxials in your front doors, subs in your boot.
bass -4 on your headunit, treble +3 on your headunit. (give or take a few depending on headunit)
and it should sound mint.
thats how mine is set up and it sound amazingly clear.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Whats the difference between components and coaxials? Tweeters are a good buy aswell mate.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Whats the difference between components and coaxials? Tweeters are a good buy aswell mate.
As far as I know, components are seperate speakers, you have the mid range woofer and the tweeter seperate, so you can mount them wherever you like, allows more flexibility with creating the soundstage. Coaxials are full range units built in together, meaning its effectively 2 (or more) speakers mounted together. From what I can tell, components sound much better than their coaxial equivilent, even if you mount them in the stock locations. With components it's like each speaker is doing only 1 thing, but its doing what it does best rather than one speaker trying to do a bit of everything. Also, if you buy a set of components, you won't need to buy seperate tweeters as they are part of the component set already ;)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Oh sweet, im looking to get a set and then wire them up to my amp that kandykorsa is sending me. How much should i spend on a set about?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Not a clue tbh, I'm not big on them so wouldn't really know.
Have you tried a google search for reviews?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
As far as I know, components are seperate speakers, you have the mid range woofer and the tweeter seperate, so you can mount them wherever you like, allows more flexibility with creating the soundstage. Coaxials are full range units built in together, meaning its effectively 2 (or more) speakers mounted together. From what I can tell, components sound much better than their coaxial equivilent, even if you mount them in the stock locations. With components it's like each speaker is doing only 1 thing, but its doing what it does best rather than one speaker trying to do a bit of everything. Also, if you buy a set of components, you won't need to buy seperate tweeters as they are part of the component set already ;)
yeah your right mate, components have seperate tweaters and a mid range driver, whereas coaxials have the tweater on top of the speaker.
its not a case of wich one is better, its more about personal preferance, some people preffer components because they can mount the tweaters in a different place, but some people think that coaxials sound better, because all the sound is coming from the same place.

you don't need to buyt seperate tweaters anyway mate, because a coaxial is kinda like 2 speakers stuck together, theres the mid range drive, then the tweeter stuck to the top of it, their exacrlly the same idea, just with components you can move the tweater.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Oh sweet, im looking to get a set and then wire them up to my amp that kandykorsa is sending me. How much should i spend on a set about?
Personally i think you should spend around £100 on a good set of comps, take look at infinity, alpine and rainbow's range they have some decent speakers for that price.

Component speakers also have crossovers, whereas coaxials dont

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
OK sweet just hope i can wire my system up could do with a tutorial! :D

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My mate is a speaker & Hifi-nut, he wired up all my system & he lives in Walsall! :) He also made a top quality parcel shelf for me! :)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeah stereo and 6x9's are easy to fit but ive got an amp sub components etc...

·
Registered
87 Posts
not really into ice, but thinking about fitting a set of 6x9s not after any subs or anything like that just a set of 6x9s. Whats the best set to fit and how easy are they to fit?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm more of a 6x9 person

when i had my sub it was a nightmate, i couldnt hear nothing except for bass just shaking the car, it also dimmed my lights on low bass notes (couldnt be bothered to upgrade the big three) and obviously it occupys valuable space in the boot as well as increas your fuel consumption

once i sold it after i blew the amp i was just happy with my alpine 6x9s which still produce bass that i can feel from the back of my seat without the worry of wires being run underneath the carpet etc...

and it also helps that i have front component speakers to make my set up good enought for my ears

i have a set of kenwood co-ax's if anyone is interested in purchasing, its near enough the same quality as my comps

·
Registered
497 Posts
Don't mean to sound patronising but you must have had the settings badly wrong to only be able to hear bass and then blow up the amp! I'm guessing you had the gain right up, so I assume the amp was being worked harder than it's meant to be. That also explains why you could only hear bass. Didn't you ever think of turning the bass back if bass was all you could hear? I can have my bass setting turned quite a way back and it still sounds overpowering lol.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Not really cause the place i brought it from adjusted the gain setting and told me to leave it at that, i never once touched it , until the sub started cutting out at low bass notes, thats when i realised the amp had packed in,
to be honest even if i did lower the gain, it would just sounded the same as my 6x9s which is pointless

to me subs are pointless in my opinion, i much prefer the bass on the 6x9s

1 - 20 of 30 Posts