All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Well, about a month ago now I purchased my first car, as described in the thread title.

The other day though, I got it on the road and gave it a good run around as it had belonged to a old man before, and had been sitting for 3 months prior to me buying it. So reckoned it needed a clear out ;) gave it a service myself, and changed plugs, oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter, a few gaskets and the timing belt.

Now I've gotten used to it, I've noticed that the temp gauge on the dash won't move unless I'm idling the car and revving it, and this seems to have happened in the last few days. It was fine on the 20 mile drive back from picking it up... :S Thermostat stuck maybe?

And also that the fuel tank seems to make a heck of a lot of noise, nothing mechanical, just fuel sloshing noises when I stop the car suddenly, or corner. I had a look at the pump hole under the seats and all washers where in place and good, but surely the noise shouldn't be as loud as it is? Shouldn't the tank have baffles in it?

Next issue, fuel related again, is it me, or is the Corsa B fuel gauge completely useless? I'll get half a tank going round corners, and a full tank when going up hill, empty when going down. Etc.

Final thing, when Idling or de-clutching in 1st gear it seems to let out a cloud of grey smoke/steam, only when the engine is struggling ( if I don't rev hard enough when pulling away for instance) I can't notice this when the car has ran for a while, no mayo in oil or loss of coolant. It's probably just condensation and I'm worrying for nothing.

All in all it's a good little first car, done 83k in its life, and seemed to thank me for a service too :p it's just those little niggles are bugging me a bit, so I'd appreciate someone with the know, or experience to clear them up. Particularly the fuel gauge one, and temp sensor

So, hope this is posted in the proper place, and sorry for the essay!

Ta

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.