All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i bought my first little corsa 1 month ago for passing my test.now i dont have heaps of money to put into the car but ,i thought a few small thing could make it better . the second day i had it i went to my brother in laws and he had a couple of things for it,the haynes manual,corsa b dashmat and origanal vauxhall roofracks,,which i do use but ,just havent had time to take them off when im not needing them,they dont bother me that much only corsa ive seen with them since a passed my test makes me different lol

anyway on the second day i gave her a polish

it had a dent in the back bumper but i sorted that with my heat gun

i wanted some wheels but couldnt affort a set as well as get a set i wanted so got out some wet or dry and sanded them hubcaps..then 2 coats of wheel paint and painted the vauxhall badges

since then i bought a set of astra sxi wheels yesterday £40 with all centre caps and no tyres they are all curbed and i want to keep costs down so ill be doing some refurb work myself i think..this is a good 1 so you'll get an idea

i done have much experience in spraypainting wheels and this was just a trial to see how they would look i did rush it and im not bothered about the small blemish in the middle as it will all be getting stripped and done again but im happy so far

hopefully tires and get them fitted

i have the coded paint but not plastic primer so will get that then i think i might change the mfd colour

does anyone have 1 of these for sale because i dont know if i want to distroy mine yet

probibly because i havent got the primer

will keep updated if anyones interested,,advise welcomed

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bit bored today so i thought i would change the rear speakers,i have already changed the front ones when i fitted my headunit.to keenwood ones 140watt..had a set of old kenwood speakers laying about 130watt ones so decided to put them in and they fitted perfectly which was a bouns

they look a bit grubby but they do work fine.took off the rear panel

just joined the wires without connecters but they will be getting soldered

then back together,,other side then done

i also got an 800watt 10'' base box with built on amp ,brand new for £10 from halfords

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
because of its colour it was pink and was reduced there was a few sealed in there boxs but base is base . ma mates rip the piss but a kin handle it got some plans for painting it soon anyhow but sounds sweet as honestly i couldnt care what colour it was ma boots always full and locked (the way i like it,,to many tool n crap)

get my wheels finished-get tires-fitted
colour code the mdf & heater matrix--maybe bootlock
maybe de-badge bootlock and fit a popper
sort paint wee few wee rust spots on the outside
nice leather interior
de-handle back doors
fancy a bad boy bonnet
light tints on the back windows
darker rear lights
smoked side repeaters

for now ,,theres a few things i wana do

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
because of its colour it was pink and was reduced there was a few sealed in there boxs but base is base i have a girlfriend and a kid and know what team i play for lol but her and ma mate rip the piss but a kin handle it got some plans for painting it soon anyhow but sounds sweet as honestly i couldnt care what colour it was ma boots always full and locked (the way i like it,,to many tool n crap)
:confused:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
roofrack

Any chance you'd sell the roof rack mate?
I'd take a drive up to bonnie Glesga to pick them up if so :p

I do a lot of DIY and would be usefull for carry plasterboard / plywood on
not thought about it but could be if price was right,you want to make an offer for them

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
right now i done care what colour the base box is but eventually i will paint it ,the very last thing to do but it makes a great sound and now with the 4 kenwood speakers and the box i have some decent base

al put a pic up soon if you want a giggle

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
well folks i have not updated this much in the last wee while so thought i would do a WEE update,,,dont have all pics available at the moment but will add the ones i wanted later

--i have fitted a fuel cut off switch
--i have fitted a speedo with the rev counter,however someone mentioned to me that the rev counter wouldnt work and id have to wire it into the ecu

and to the speedo

it doesnt work correctly can anyone help with this or has anyone had a similer problem,,it works but its not accurite with the revs,,,i also bought silver rings for round the dials

--i finished painting the bit on the dash i never done when i was doing the rest

--i have some neon bulb paint and trying to be a cheap skate i painted some bulbs blue instead of buyin them

looks ok i guess

--when i got the car the rear bumper had a dent which i removed with my heat gun i also noticed the rear slam panel was bent but i just left that,then it so happened last week i was in the engine working when i noticed the front slam panel also bent in so i took it off and straightened it

--the bonnet lip was rusty so scraped,kurust,primed,painted and laquerd

--i took of the arch covers and sanded ,primed and painted them think ill do the bumpers next
--i took off the side breeze badges and the rear vauxhall and corsa as well
--i got my wheels on the car... got 4 decent 195/45/16 tires for £40 and the alloys originally cost £40 and i have the stuff here to finish them so cheap wheels £80 i think thats a bargain and i think they look good on the car i want it lowered but most people i know are saying just to leave it,,,,as i said at the start progress will be slow but i will keep updated and any feedback/idea/abuse/ will be taken on board,,

here she is as she stands right now as i speak or type rather

--

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Looking really good mate, really like those wheels on it! I think the back looks low enough already to be honest, the front could maybe do with a 40mm drop or something but as you've got 16" wheels, they fill the arches fairly well :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah i think the front could do with the 40mm drop was thinking about doing the springs and shocks all round just so i know they are all good

1 - 20 of 55 Posts