All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need a tid bit of help..

I moved my car this morning and then tried to start it up 2 minutes later and nothing happens.

I turn the ignition to start it up and nothing happens it doesn't turn over or anything. No noise no sound. I'm not great with mechanics but I'm not sure whether it's the starter motor, the ignition switch or a short in the wiring somewhere..

Is there anybody out there that can help me resolve this situation?

Thanks.

I've now completed the following checks

I've removed and reinserted the relays
I've checked all the fuses
I'm doing the paper clip test atm (Just waiting for the ECU to reset)
I've checked the ignition barrel & switch

Still to be done

- Check the starter motor

Any other suggestions as to what to do/check are more than welcome

Thanks.
-

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Checked the battery?

Reactions: Hoggy420

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The batterys fine.. Everything still works on the interior and it was starting up no problems at all earlier. As well as the fact that if the battery was flat it would at least try to turn over but nothing is happening when i turn the key in the ignition literally.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
sounds like your starter motor has jammed. can you hear it tick when you turn the key? get someone to turn the key while you get underneath and tap it with a hammer.

Reactions: Hoggy420

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah that was next on the to do list of things to do problem is usually when the starter motor jams you can hear it tick but when i try start it up theres no noise at all..

So im thinking maybe the power feed to the starter motors come loose?

ALL FIXED :)

The starter motor had jammed due to me stopping it whilst i was in gear. Perks of having an automatic lool
Thanks for all the help an suggestions :)

/THREAD

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
mybe the starter is completely dead?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
The batterys fine.. Everything still works on the interior

Interior draws barley any current
and it was starting up no problems at all earlier. As well as the fact that if the battery was flat it would at least try to turn over

not true, battery compleltly flat wouldnt allow turning over.

but nothing is happening when i turn the key in the ignition literally.
Least it's fixed

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
FUCCCCCCK

I've done it again -.-'
My old man said that I stopped it in gear which is how I jammed the starter motor? Yeah i know it's an automatic but hey nothing perfect.. Problem is he said something about changing gears and it working again.. My problem is the old ****er didn't tell me exactly what to do?

I've gone through every gear and put it back into park? What the hell am i supposed to do here? The car's not starting and it's half in half out the bloody garage and I'm all on my own today :(

Okay, So I've figured it out.

If anyone's got a Automatic car that doesn't start check this out.

1. Put it in gear
2. Rock the car
3. Put it in Neutral
4. Your car starts.

Magic lol xD

·
Banned
885 Posts
I know that it's a few days old now, but all this 'putting it in gear and rocking the car', won't make a lot of difference on an automatic.
What is likely to be the problem (and it is obviously intermittent,) is the inhibitor switch which is there to prevent you starting the engine when in a drive position.
If this is not sorted, it is likely that it will let you down again.

Regards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts