All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I share between 2 cars and the moment a Chevrolet Aveo and My corsa 1.0ltr 12v 1999 and am finding i need more effort to press the throttle pedal on the corsa. Both cars have cable operated throttle by the way.

So i thought I would disconnect the cable at the throttle body end on the corsa and see if there was any resistance in the cable and if there was either lube up the throttle cable or buy a new one - but there wasnt no resistance the throttle cable and pedal are operating perfectly when disconected from the carb. So i have traced down that the resistance could be the springs on the cam of the throttle body, I had already wd40'd them an that didnt make any difference.

There are 2 main big springs on the carb to return the carb to idle, if I remove the outer spring the carb still returns the plate to closed. Now my question is, and i dont know if this is a death wish!, what about if I was to leave the outer spring of so there is less resistance on the accelerator pedal? would the carb still go back to closed/idle when I am driving or do I run the risk of the carb sticking open if I remove one of the springs? any help appreciated. if not I will have to live when the pedal being harder to push but this is resulting in my jerking the car sometimes rather than accelerating smoothly and then when I get back into the Chevy Aveo because it has a light throttle pedal I press that down harder like I am in the corsa.

If I were driving the corsa and only the corsa regularly I understand that I would just get used to the harder throttle pedal automatically over time and be OK with it.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Don't remove the springs - it's just one of the characteristics of Corsas. A lot of people complain about it when they first get one. Soon get used to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts