All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Put a desk fan in there, will make the same difference lol.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
they dont spin as fast as the air thats coming in, if anything they restrict the air flow, unless of course its a supercharger.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm ****ed up with my Corsa 1.0 acceleration. I'm ready to do anything that will increase power, even slightly.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
strip out the back seats and lose some weight is the only way to make it a little quicker.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
strip it out fully, only 1 seat, no spare wheel no carpet, no door cards nothing lol and lose weight yourself as in stop eating lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
strip it out fully, only 1 seat, no spare wheel no carpet, no door cards nothing lol and lose weight yourself as in stop eating lol
Lol, I'm seriously thinking of losing 10 kg myself on that purpose. :D

Do I have the right to remove 3 seats, seatbelts? I do not care about MOT, cuz will mount everything back before. Just for a road control, they won't have arguments to fine me?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you didn't want a slow car why did you buy a 1litre Corsa?
Apart from adding a Turbo or changing the intake manifold and chipping the ecu (both mega expensive) nothing will increase the power enough for you to notice.
Because mainly, it was urgent need (friday I knew I will need a car for monday). Afterall, I have 2x difference on assurance price between 1.0 and 1.4.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
having 1 seat will be fine. give the engine a good service to

Reactions: beast1

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
strip it out, rear polycarbonate windows. just take all shit out. leave steelies on.

I'll have a spare 1.0 soon (scrapper) so I'm thinking of taking everything off it (going crazy and grinding all rear off so its like a pickup) just to see what difference it will actually make in 0-60 times as this engine despite 118K is very nippy!

Airbox fan will do nothing, I've tried it lol. Didn't notice much difference.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
strip it out, rear polycarbonate windows. just take all shit out. leave steelies on.

I'll have a spare 1.0 soon (scrapper) so I'm thinking of taking everything off it (going crazy and grinding all rear off so its like a pickup) just to see what difference it will actually make in 0-60 times as this engine despite 118K is very nippy!

Airbox fan will do nothing, I've tried it lol. Didn't notice much difference.
Nice :thumbs_up: I plan to strip it like a pickup also. Just found out that I need to declare that change to local prefecture - conversion to a commercial car (shitty France). But I don't give a ****, if police *******s stop me, I will tell 'em that I just bought a washing machine so need to transport it. France sucks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Surely the price to making all this changes will increase your insurance premium anyway? I bet a 1.4-1.6 will be cheaper on insurance than a modded 1.0.

The 1.0 gets laughed at, it was never meant for speed and will never be...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts