All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to this forum and looking for some advice on my 1995 corsa b merit 1.2 8v, this is my first car and I've been having a few small problems.

I used to have trouble starting and the car would idle rough, I have replaced the idle control valve and this has cleared up mostly, however it has trouble starting when hot and will often threaten to die at lights etc. unless I rev the engine slightly. Through reading through some bits on here I think it could be the CTS? When trying to start hot the mixture seems wrong, strong smell of petrol, does the ecu think the cars cold so uses more fuel? These problems, like very low idle when stopping seem to start after about 5-10 mins of driving.

Also between the gears, normally only noticeable between 1st and 2nd the revs will drop and I have to put my foot to the floor and it will gradually pick up again, but once running it drives fine, don't know if this is related or is something more serious?

Thanks for reading any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If the engine starting trouble is only happening when it's hot,the CTS is worth changing and not too expensive.If the CTS is not operating as it should when the engine reaches the normal temperature it will continue to run too rich and would give you starting problems like you are having.Well worth a try I would say.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.