All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, got a cat back system coming today and just had a ring round the local garages to get a quote on fitment and they're coming back with £30-40, now I would do it myself but all my tools (dad's tools ;)) are in Essex, so I was wondering if someone in the area would fancy coming down to give me a hand for a bit of cash?

Litterally have nothing, no jack, no stands, no spanners, no wd40, nothing. If you were local and petrol was not alot I'd pay you £15 even just to lend me the tools and maybe give me a little bit of help.

By the time someone reads this it's likely I'll have bit the bullet and paid but if anyone is up for it just give me a call, it'd be much appreciated.

Cheers, Ash.

EDIT: In Southampton by the way, near St. Mary's stadium.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
So getting quotes of £30 but you'll also pay someone for their time and for petrol?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So getting quotes of £30 but you'll also pay someone for their time and for petrol?
£15 is including the time and petrol. If someone's close, they could make a tenner if they've got nothing better to do, is all.

I'm asking for a favor, not trying to mug people off. You should know better than anyone that saving money even in such small amounts helps a lot. Plus, was thinking it'd be a bit of banter. Saves me being mugged off for like £84 13mm bolts aswell.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Yeah, I agree it's not about money, and I'd help if I was local, as I do loads of people.

Just, if your going to be paying not much for petrol, you'd be very ery lucky to find someone close enough(especially at today's petrol prices)

Not tempted to go local Halfords and buy a ratchet and socket? Probably be about £15, just another option mate.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
Yeah, I agree it's not about money, and I'd help if I was local, as I do loads of people.

Just, if your going to be paying not much for petrol, you'd be very ery lucky to find someone close enough(especially at today's petrol prices)

Not tempted to go local Halfords and buy a ratchet and socket? Probably be about £15, just another option mate.
He has no stands no jack no nothing, im sure if someone is local they will lend a hand!

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
I'll help get it done then you can come to PVS :p

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yeah I wasn't expecting anyone to come far, would pay more if they did though.

Did go into halfords yesterday and looked at a socket set but like I said, I've got nothing haha, would have to buy a jack and stands even though I've got some at home.

I'll help get it done then you can come to PVS :p
Haha, got a fair bit to do before PVS to be honest, lows are on the way, put the money away for a GSi kit but haven't got round to buying it yet, plus she's STILL on steelies! Would appreciate the help if you're not too far away mate?

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Haha, got a fair bit to do before PVS to be honest, lows are on the way, put the money away for a GSi kit but haven't got round to buying it yet, plus she's STILL on steelies! Would appreciate the help if you're not too far away mate?
I'm in Totton, not far at all. I'll help if you pay for PVS before deadline :p
Gives you an incentive and a deadine too!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in Totton, not far at all. I'll help if you pay for PVS before deadline :p
Gives you an incentive and a deadine too!
Ah you drive a hard bargain. Only problem I've got is my insurance running out on the 9th of May. I'll be going to PVS, that's for sure, just whether it'll be me driving or not is what I'm not sure of. Sacrificing the GSi kit, I'll still have to get well over £600 for my insurance before May, well before july infact, which is not looking likely at the mo.

Either way I'm almost certain I won't be on the AC stand this time round. I'll obviously be around to see everyone, I just don't want to buy the ticket and then find out I haven't got a car to go up there in, in which case I'll end up getting a couple of trains or maybe my dad to come if he fancies it (would be pretty cool to have a 911 or Carrera S on the stand though haha).

The offers still there for a quick £15 tommorow/saturday mate? ;) Not looking like the package is coming tonight tbh, was guaranteed by the guy on ebay it would be here thursday, 100%... and it's not here :palm:.

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Ah you drive a hard bargain. Only problem I've got is my insurance running out on the 9th of May. I'll be going to PVS, that's for sure, just whether it'll be me driving or not is what I'm not sure of. Sacrificing the GSi kit, I'll still have to get well over £600 for my insurance before May, well before july infact, which is not looking likely at the mo.

Either way I'm almost certain I won't be on the AC stand this time round. I'll obviously be around to see everyone, I just don't want to buy the ticket and then find out I haven't got a car to go up there in, in which case I'll end up getting a couple of trains or maybe my dad to come if he fancies it (would be pretty cool to have a 911 or Carrera S on the stand though haha).

The offers still there for a quick £15 tommorow/saturday mate? ;) Not looking like the package is coming tonight tbh, was guaranteed by the guy on ebay it would be here thursday, 100%... and it's not here :palm:.
I'm working tomorrow but may be free at the weekend at some point. Give me a PM for my mob number and we'll try sort something out over the next couple of weeks

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm working tomorrow but may be free at the weekend at some point. Give me a PM for my mob number and we'll try sort something out over the next couple of weeks
Ah fair enough mate, that's fine.

I'll be off home on saturday so chances are, if this package actually comes tommorow (even though it was supposed to come wednesday, guaranteed latest today apparently) then I'll just get it done at a garage. I'm going to go in there with the biggest screw face though haha, make sure they don't think I'm some push over ready to pay £25 per bolt.

Cheers though mate, I'll let you know the situation on PVS as soon as I know.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Sam never had time to do anything. You'd be waiting initial
Trax next year! He spends his life working!

I think £30 is good price considering as far as they know pipes could be rusted solid together

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sam never had time to do anything. You'd be waiting initial
Trax next year! He spends his life working!

I think £30 is good price considering as far as they know pipes could be rusted solid together
To be fair, it is actually a good price, that's about half hours pay. If a bolt is sheared and needs to be drilled or something, pipes rusted together etc it could take a lot longer, but it would still end up costing me for the time, it's not the fact that £30 was a set price.

Most expensive quote I got was £85, I asked why and he said purely because it's a corsa b, it's old and it's likely that it'll be rusty as hell. "There WILL be problems" he said.

It's mostly the fact that if I had my tools I'd do it myself, infact I'd probably just hack the old pipe out with a saw if something went wrong, because I can. I do actually like to do things myself aswell, bit of experience, you know you've done it how you want it done etc, and it is an easy job at the end of the day.

Either way, looks like I'll be doing it myself on sunday as I seriously doubt it's coming tommorow with the rubbish reception we have here, they're litterally never there so if they get a delivery and they aren't there, I have no idea what to do, got no tracking number, apparently they have had no failed delivery notes...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts