All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

At present i have the standard 13" wheels on my beastie, and what i would like to know is what is the biggest size i can go up to before i need to start making changes to my car?

I.E will the steering be affected, will structural changes need to be made(bits added or cut off), so on and so forth any information you can give me will be brilliant.

Cheers in advance.:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
With the correct offset you can easily fit 17" wheels with no other modifications, (even when lowered 40mm you shouldnt have problems) but no matter what size you do go for steering, acceleration etc will be affected, (i had 17" on my car and it handled like crap), thats just the way it goes im afraid, But if you get wheels with the offset not as close, you may need to modify the arches otherwise they could rub on the wall of the tyre/wheel. Personally id go for 15" and lower it 60mm ;)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeah or go for 16's with a 40mm drop:)

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
15's or 16's are more suitable for handling etc as said above. 17's are more for looks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok if im gonna go for the bigger wheels (you all know i am as everybody does) ill go for the 15s.

Can i just bolt them on and go, or is there anything else i need to do to make it safe/work?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Bolt on and go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts