All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have decided to stop modifying the corsa. Decided i am spending way to much on the car now and feel now is the time to stop.

The following mods will still go ahead:

Fit Spoiler
Replace tryes
Lower 40mm (springs come this week)
Spray Front Arches
Fit 6x9's

Basically those mods will have the car how i wanted it to look when I first started.

My party on Saturday was the first time my parents had met jo's (jo's step dad couldn't make it as he was offshore) in the 2 years and 4 months we've been going out and went really well.

Want to start saving now as I plan to get engaged to jo later this year (it will be a long engagement). She has also had a bad couple of weeks - first she lost her dog that she has had for 16 or 17 years and then last night her family got the news that her step dads dad was in hospital as he has a heart problem and he may not make it.

So my plan is to save up and take her to Spain next year for a well deserved holiday - my dads uncle and auntie live out there so accomodation is free - just need flights and then a shed load of money so we can have a great time.

I also want to get joanne through her driving test before the end of this year then she can use corsa till Summer next year and then think about getting a newer car.

And finally by May next year I should hopefully be done with uni and looking for a job and place of our own so i know this is the right decision and to be honest it feels good.

Obviously I still want to be a mod on here and I will happily be the new sticker supplier for us to help advertise the site. I will also continue to organise group buys and give help and advise but I just feel i have spent enough on the car now.

Hope you all see where I'm coming from.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks josh :)

Basically the main things i have decided to drop are the headlights and sideskirts. Other things were window tints, sort rust patches, panel filter and no doubt some other stuff.

Just feel enough is enough.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea its an idea but think i just want to stop. I want to focus on other things now and joanne would be better off with a car that comes with power steering etc so plan is some aside for holiday and some aside for new car and that way she'll get 2 good things next year. Oh yea and engagement which will be the best one for her (well it better be)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
At the end of the day Steve there is more to life than a car and you have to make the right decision for you and Jo and of course the future.

Plus your car is showing most of us B owners up already :D

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At the end of the day Steve there is more to life than a car and you have to make the right decision for you and Jo and of course the future.

Plus your car is showing most of us B owners up already :D
:laugh: yea till i open my bonnet and my 1.2 lump is there haha

nah i just feel basically as you have said - there's more to life than the car. I mean no doubt if we get a new car next year i'll be modding it but i think i want to stop with the B. I do want to see final mods on it first though.

·
Registered
378 Posts
well done son look after you gf for now then in the years to come you can always come back and mod a corsa to death

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well done son look after you gf for now then in the years to come you can always come back and mod a corsa to death
Yea although hopefully we'll have advanced from a corsa by then :laugh:

·
Registered
378 Posts
you never know you could have a vectra by then(god i hope not)but the main thing is you got your priorities right and the lady comes first you can always replace the car but if shes the one you never gonna replace her respect

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you never know you could have a vectra by then(god i hope not)but the main thing is you got your priorities right and the lady comes first you can always replace the car but if shes the one you never gonna replace her respect
Cheers mate :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
611 Posts
yeah mate, you've got the right idea, car will look great even if you just sorted the arches. you've done a great job of it :D

and yeah, as you know i'm engaged and you're right about having to save up for engaged life :laugh: and about putting her first, as you saw with my car, its not all that modded really, if i had been single, it would be a different story ;)

hope everything goes well for you mate, am sure we could meet up for a few pints (with or without our better halves) since you're just round the corner. we've got our own place etc and should be able to help out if needed :)

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds good Kenny :thumbs_up:

Yea she has been wanting to get engaged for ages so better do it soon before she beats me up lol - nah i love her really :D

·
Registered
611 Posts
make sure you let her pick the engagement ring though, dont go down the surprise proposal route... why??

surprise proposal route may give her an exciting feeling at the time... but if you make the wrong choice of ring, she'll see it every day and wish she had a different one.

if you let her choose it, she'll be excited while you are both buying the rings, plus she'll have a ring that she chose.

not speaking from experience on the surprise proposal thing, i let my fiancee choose hers and she loves showing people.

i may be young, but i am wise young skywalker :laugh:

·
Registered
611 Posts
yeah, i'm good at picking things that my fiancee likes too, but when it came to the ring, she chose one i wouldnt have expected, plus there's the problem of the size of the ring... my fiancee is a size J... technically, thats a children's size, and she's 22 :laugh:

·
Registered
611 Posts
ok, she's 22 and 1 month then
:gayfight:
^ was only a matter of time before it got in this thread too :laugh:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The following mods will still go ahead:
:laugh: spoken like a try mod head :thumbs_up:

Sometimes life has different priorities hun, hope Jo's ok and you two look after each other through the difficult bits...

Kenny has a very good point with the ring....i'm exceptionally easy going BUT when it comes to one of THE MOST important rings in your life it has to be right :thumbs_up: tell her to have a look around and maybe pick 3 she would love! then you can check with her best mate or mum when your ready to find out exactly which one is the perfect one :thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts