All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well ive just joined the gold membership scheme and im quite impressed!

Allthough i love cars and my corsa means everything to me ive decided to come to the end of modifying it! Ive just had the windows tinted and de badged the back and put sum proper ice in it and it looks nice!

The cars not perfect but for a first car im very happy with it and to make it the way id like it is gona cost around £15,000! not including getting all the dent and bumps out and then there is touching up the paintwork!

Ive decided that im gona call it a day with the corsa as me and My partner are going for a mortage next week and i cant justify spending all my money on a car instead of doing the sensible thing and investing in property!

I just wanted to say a big thanx to all the People who helped me with the car and all the site members and when i get a new car im sure ill be asking for sum help but for now im just gona sit back enjoy the car and the site:thumbs_up:

All the best Guys:p

P.s ill post sum picks very soon of my finished project!

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Gotta say, you made the right choice! House > car... no argument! You need somewhere to live much more than you need your car to be lowered and have a loud exhaust ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Good decision mate. I did the same 6 years ago. Once you are settled in paying your mortgage you'll probs be able to get the car you want anyway, thats how it worked for me. Good Luck:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
woop my new parcel shelf came today so whilst im ill ive decided to mount my alphasonik speakers to them i had a little test of them and i must say im very impressed definatley worth the money! Im gona start wiring them up and cutting the wires down and soldering them when i can go back outside! Will have some good pictures of the car as it is when im abit better :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx my old one was completly warped so i got a new one and ive decided not to cut holes through the top so the robbin scum bags round here cant see what speakers ive got! There

ALPHASONIK PF69C 220 Watts RMS 6 X 9 2-WAY FULL RANGE SYSTEM

Spec listed Below!

PF69C
6 X 9 2-WAY FULL RANGE SYSTEM
Carbon Reinforced Woven Glass Cone with Butyl Rubber Surround
Kapton Voice Coil Former - 32mm
Pure Silk Dome Tweeter - 25mm
Separates Capable with Quick-Lock Tweeter with Flush & Surface Kits
Power Handling: 220 Watts RMS
Frequency Response: 43Hz ? 22kHz, +/-3dB
Output: 93dB 1W/1m

Titanium Injection Polypropylene Cone with Butyl Rubber Surround
High Temperature Kapton Voice Coil Former with Nomex Insulation
Pure Silk Tweeter (and Mid on PF69)
Separates Come with Quick-Lock Removable Tweeter and Phase Plug (Non-removable on PF69), Flush and Surface Mounting Kits
Outboard Crossover with Solid-State Tweeter Protection with Audiophile-Grade Parts and Topology-featuring Butterworth Alignment
Oversized Poly-Cotton Spider and Bottomless Motor Geometry

Hope it makes sense to you because it means naff all to me i just know they sound good! :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Ouch - 6x9's aren't the most loved speakers on this forum - I'll wait for Clutch's or cj's response to them :D :laugh:

·
Registered
259 Posts
i got a phoenix gold componets set for £60 brand spankers i thought that was good was gunner get some phoenix gold 6x9s but they only had 170watt so i decided to go with some 300 watts puppies !!

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Yer 6x9s dont give the best sound, a sub would of been better imo. Like how you have done it though.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have to ask, why do they have crossovers? Aren't they full range units? Or are they more like a set of comps but the tweeter just happens to be mounted above the speaker?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts