All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got some abm halo headlightsx but i can only get the indicatorto work, i have put all the right things in the right places but the centre power unit which is the biggest and has prongs, only has one prong and the lights require 3 :S i think this is the problem, any help?

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
did you get instructions?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only very vague ones, ive had a read around and it seems everyone elses halo's came with a 3 prong plug attached whereas mine came with a 3 prong socket :/

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what is attached to the car, the female end is on the halo lights but as you can see it is missing two pins/prongs, would i be able to remove them from a scrapped corsa and just pop them in or wouldnt that work?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
First off - that plug has water damage.
Secondly, that gold pin - what the hell is that doing in there?

The hole where the pin is currently sitting should be Earth if I remember rightly.
That will leave you a brown and a white wire - one will be for the dipped beam, the other for the main beam

Need to see images of the back of the lights next.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
That looks easy enough then.
If you can get hold of some more pins, put one in each socket - then just plug both plugs together - that'll work :thumbs_up:

If you cant get any pins, get some wire, and put spade crimps on the end of them, and just run the wires between the two plugs.

Reactions: Rollamite

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not yet, i just got hold of some copper, but being at work and using everyday its on the back burner for the minute, might get it cut into pins this weekend hopefully and fingers crossed that works

1 - 13 of 13 Posts