All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is another vauxhall meet at ace cafe london (23.07.07)

its on the 23rd july of this year,

was really good back in januray, i hope the good weather will attract more people. people start arriving from 6:30pm

hope some of u can make it....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SUMMER ACE CAFE VAUXHALL MEET 23.07.07

a few of us turned up to the febuary meet earlier this year when it was bloody freezing and dark But this time around it should be nice and sunny and light untill at least 10.00, so we dont have to all pile up in a corner and hug to keep warm.

it normally starts at 6 which is quite early imo, but its if you come later as most people will hang around untill at least 11.00. the main car park is open to anyone with a vauxhall and will be marshelled in and shown where to park. the car park will fill very early so if you want your pride and joy to be addmired by everyone GET THERE EARLY...

tea, coffee, beer and food is all served in the cafe with plenty of places to sit. its not the cheapest venue but where isnt these days ?

ok here are the directions

Ace Corner is the junction of Beresford Avenue and the old North Circular Road, this runs parallel with the New Circular Road, between the A40 and the A404 (Harrow Road).

Ace Cafe London Telephone +44 (0) 20 8961 10 00
Fax + 44 (0) 020 8965 0161

BY ROAD:

Travelling anticlockwise on the North Circular Road.
After the traffic lights at Brentfield Road (where you'll see Ikea and McDonald's), take the second exit marked PARK ROYAL, turn right, across the bridge. Turn right again onto the old North Circular Road. The Ace is 100 yards on the left.

Travelling clockwise on the North Circular Road.
Take the first exit after Hanger Lane, and continue going northeast up the old North Circular Road. The Ace is 800 yards on the left. Or take the second exit, turn left, then right onto the old North Circular Road. 100 yards to the Ace.

BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT:

By British Rail (from Euston) or London Underground (Bakerloo Line).
From Stonebridge Park Station, turn right and walk down to the North Circular Road, then right again, along the old North Circular Road. The Ace is 100 yards on your right.

By Bus.
Buses 112, 224, 440 & PR2 all stop in front of the Ace, or take Bus 18 or N18 to Stonebridge Park

and a link to the maps

http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/f1.htm

there will be a good show of cars from corsa's to viva's and will be a very good turn out. I went to the summer meet last year and didnt get into the car park as we where to late.

I have called total vauxhall and spoke to dougie about a feature for the magazine

any questions please feel free to u2u me or post in the thread

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was at the Ace last friday night (met some friends) . I took a trip down on my bike as i was marshaling on a rally the following day.

I've no idea what the car meets are like, but the bike meets are always interesting as the local fireblade riding stunt pilots turn out and give a show.

Some nutter in a nissan skyline started drifting his car around the mini roundabout and had about half a dozen near misses in the space of about 2 minutes with parcelforce HGVs, parked cars and pedestrians.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah i wil try and pop down. but its a shame that it is a monday night. It would of been much better if it was a friday or a saturday night.
If i finish work on time i wil b there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
how many people usualy go have you got any pics from any previous meets i wouldnt mind goin, do u think its worth travelling from middlesbrough and getting a b+b

·
Registered
17 Posts
how many people usualy go have you got any pics from any previous meets i wouldnt mind goin, do u think its worth travelling from middlesbrough and getting a b+b
nope, the event is only a evening event with maybe 60-100 cars...its good for people around london beds bucks herts essex and noth kent etc

i personally would not recomend comming and staying in a b-b as its **** hole area of london

1 - 11 of 11 Posts