All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jsut fitted my Headunit in and fornt speakers/tweeters no problem soudns great but ive seen a few threads saying i shud power my spekaers of an amp and not directly from headunit so... how easy wud it be to fit an amp now bearing in mind i have seperate crossover boxes aswel ?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
What head unit do you have and does it have RCA out puts?

If you do, you plug your stereo into your amp and the speaker wires in to the amp Before the cross overs, like it is now.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
It pointless buying components if your gonna run them off the headunit, for example your average headunit puts out about 20-25w RMS whereas the components your bought ar probably rated between 70-120w RMS, doesnt take much to realise what the difference is lol. trust me add a decent amp and you will be even more impressed.

Its pretty simple, although requires much more work than what you did to fit the speakers, you need an amp wiring kit as well. This is basically what you have to do: connect the amp to the headunit which is a simple plug n play in job via RCA, connect the power cable to the battery (easiest way is to go through the rubber grommet in the bulkhead, just take out the glovebox and it should be visible) wire it up to the speakers, find a decent secure place for the amp, like under the passenger seat etc. fine tune the settings and there you go lol.

If you want the amp in the boot its becomes more difficult as you have to run wires through the whole length of the car. Hopes this helps

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What head unit do you have and does it have RCA out puts?

If you do, you plug your stereo into your amp and the speaker wires in to the amp Before the cross overs, like it is now.
I have a JVC KD-G721 ,doesnt sound too difficult and wheres "best" or where would you recommend putting the amp if it wasnt in the boot ? i have good sound now so guess i would be impressed with an amp aswel any suggestions on a good amp

·
Registered
497 Posts
I just checked that head unit on www.caraudiodirect.com and it doesn't say that it has any RCA outputs, does this mean it doesn't have any, or have they called them something else? If it doesn't have them you won't be able to connect an amp to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hmm i dont know ? tbh i was never planning to buy an amp when i got my headunit so i didnt look for it all i checked was the preouts anybody else any ideas or am i going to have to get a new headunit ? Im sure ive seen an amp with "speaker level" inputs can i not do it via one of them ?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
im prity sure they are the same because my amp pluged into the preouts i think.correct me if i wrong.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yeah they do, on that website it doesn't say that it has any preouts, but if it does have preouts that is what you need to plug your amp into.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts